EveronVetsAgainstTheWar

HOTAS and rudder pedals implementation

Hello,

Has there ever been discussion about HOTAS and rudder pedals inputs for Arma Reforger? I searched but haven't seen any answers. Now that helicopters are officially introduced, I hope they allow inputs from HOTAS and rudder pedals. I bought these specifically to fly in Arma years ago and now I have trouble flying a helicopter without the pedals at least.

TrackIR already works which is wonderful, so it doesn't seem like they are only limiting inputs to KB/M and gamepad. I'm just wondering if anything has ever been said by the development team about it.

From what you can piece together , the engine requires a rewrite of all features present in previous arma games from scratch.

What this means is that they likely want to implement all, its just a question of when and with which resources.

No one stated anything official that is being worked on.

On 11/17/2023 at 7:33 PM, razor6014 said:

From what you can piece together , the engine requires a rewrite of all features present in previous arma games from scratch.

What this means is that they likely want to implement all, its just a question of when and with which resources. 

No one stated anything official that is being worked on. 

No, these kinda of features are standard, when you write a game engine, the input layer is logically written with the game engine from start, so

none is going to write a game and its engine and then someday they implement a correct AND working input system .

So, the story is that, the Input layer is broken and is being debugged (implies that it is there) , as soon as this step is done, we will have:

proper JS

proper KBRD too ! (the keybinds mess)

(forgive me, I wont monitor this thread, I am too busy)

I swear every time you write JS my mind imidiatley jumps to javascript.

I understand that there is and interface/api  I mean there has to be. 

I also know how people work, there is a rollout , you implement it with toothpicks if you have to so that it can be rolled out. 
People may say its broken, but It looks to me it was never properly finished.

(Which is ok,  pragmatism and all  but behind the scenes it will take a bit more because they have to A replace the toothpicks and B add new features.)

+1 !!!! Helicopters are unflyable without HOTAS Please devs,  elevate this issue.