Sign in to follow this  
SSG Plazmoid

Mod of cti which adds nukes and 30 player slots

I added a few things to MF's creation for use on our server.

Increased the maximum number of player slots to 30. Haven't been able to test with that number yet but I imagine the server will break at some point. If so will reduce the max squad size per player (except for the commander)

Added motorcycles and buses (bus requires light fact upgrade)

In an effort to stop the 3 hour games (as much as we enjoy them) since we're not supposed to tie up the server for more than an hour I thought it might be nice to add an expensive nuke for each side that once launched wins the game for the side that launched it. To keep it simple both sides just use the scud launcher. While it's possible to simulate a nuclear A10 LGB I didn't want the west team to see their $75,000 crash on take off or have someone nuke something that shouldn't be nuked (like his own base).

Added Scud launcher which requires heavy fact upgrade and nuke upgrade.

Once launched, the game goes to a cutscene of a beautiful mushroom cloud which has the enemy commander as ground zero. No addon is used for the explosion or mushroom and it really does look nice. Just using bunches of drop loops to generate the mushroom column and top. I'm still tweaking the initial blast so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, added a test that watches for when one team holds all the towns at which point the game is won. (Haven't tested this one yet though).

Also, added a loop that sets flagowner to objNull for each flag in case someone inadvertantly "takes" the flag from the pole.

If the server isn't very populated we prefer to play the original. But if there is a demand for the map to end in a reasonable amount of time we'll use the modified version to help one side win more quickly.

See links below to download to try em out. I host files on my wife's business site so don't wander off outside the ofp folder unless you want to see some homes for sale lol.

regards,

SSG Plazmoid

Version for testing with nukes set to free cost:

http://www.soldbuysam.com/ofp/CTI_30_1_10b_SHoP_source.zip

http://www.soldbuysam.com/ofp/CTI_30_1_10b_SHoP_map.zip

Version for play/test with nukes set to normal cost:

http://www.soldbuysam.com/ofp/CTI_30_1_11b_SHoP_source.zip

http://www.soldbuysam.com/ofp/CTI_30_1_11b_SHoP_map.zip

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (TheBladeRoden @ Mar. 08 2003,11:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">how do you upgrade buildings?<span id='postcolor'>

Go to command center

Moving to user missions forum

sorry got the wrong forum but I had assumed there would be discussion of how the scipts had been modified and how the drop mushroom cloud is formed. Both of these are fairly advanced scripting and mission editing topics.

so working on a blastwave effect for my SCRIPTS. I thought it might be nice to have objects randomly destroyed in an ever increasing radius out from ground zero.

Using nearestobject I was able to find the next nearest tree or bush or road or whatever and setdammage 1 on it. I then used my fire script to place a small fire there. The odd thing I ran into was at some points OFP crashes to desktop with no error, it just closes. I narrowed the problem down to setting dammage 1 on the object. I'm not sure which object(s) don't want to be destroyed but there are some.

Two questions, can anyone think of a better way to randomly choose objects to destroy not knowing ahead of time where ground zero will be. And second, does anyone know the object types of bushes, trees, road pieces, etc. so I can explicitly search for that nearestobject.

That nuke sounds sweet, any chance of it getting released by itself without CTI?

You could make it kill soldiers and vehicles also smile.gif

sure thing working on sprucing everything up now. There are a lot of pieces (different scripts) to make all of the parts of the explosion. Trying to reduce unneeded code and improve framerates. Haven't had any complaints about poor frame rate so I think it's usable for most everyone.

added expanding firewall effect and lightning. Looking for some nice lightning/thunder sounds and maybe some more good explosion sounds.

New version of Plazmoid's MFCTI will be released shortly! Loads of new features...

Some pics from a game we had last night.

nuke1.jpg

nuke2.jpg

nuke3.jpg

nuke4.jpg

nuke5.jpg

nuke6.jpg

nuke7.jpg