NunyaBuss

Stealth take downs and usable combat knives

All through the arma series we have never had the ability to do stealth take downs. With all the realisim and all the possible weapons combinations we dont have the ability to use a simple combat knife in combat!  Its early in development. If this is to be implemented in the game NOW is the time to do it. There was alot of attempts to try this in Arma 3 but the engine did not allow for it. We have a new engine now and its currently being worked on. Now is the time to since its early in development to do this in the Enfusion engine. If we are REALLY going for military realisim then how can this NOT be included. This has bugged me for all the years i have played arma from cold war assult, Arma 2, operation arrowhead, arma 3. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combat_knife

edit: I saw a knife mod on youtube. stabbing through a tank or plane and killing it. it was silly. but it did work lol. But i would like to see this capability native in the engine along with the character animations and game mechanics for stealth (quiet) movements and such

Im pretty sure you can melee somene to death. And bayonets are on the way, sooo Soon TM ? 😛 

On 11/13/2023 at 5:41 AM, razor6014 said:

Im pretty sure you can melee somene to death. And bayonets are on the way, sooo Soon TM ? 😛 

bayonets on the end of a weapon is a totally different thing to combat knives in terms of usage

Ok, please describe the practical difference?

And ok I get it you want the battlefield feature, but in all of history of warfare the spear and the bayonet is much more rooted. Even in dayz where you have knives as soon as you have a long weapon you would use that as it has reach.

There is a reason the spear is on cave walls.

i think he wants ghost recon animated take downs
no waste of time and better left for modders