Sign in to follow this  

Hi,

I would like to create a script that allows me to transport a stretcher with 2 people, one in front and one in back. Any movement is controlled by the front-line player and I would like the stretcher and the rear player both be connected to the front player with attachTo.

Could anyone help me?
like this video: 

5 hours ago, Cruiser1092 said:

nobody?

It's seen as bad forum etiquette to bump threads, see the "Do Not Cross-post" section of the forum Guidelines :rthumb:

The Forum is very quiet these days so it might take a while for someone to reply with any kind of help, so bumping is not necessarily going to get you an answer faster.

Have you tried asking on the official Discord, that seems to be where all the "cool" people hang out these days. 

The developer of Invade & Annex framework, Quiksilver himself has once said that to add players/people on stretchers and carry them around is very difficult and a handful of work. No wonder he has discontinued a feature which used to allow the Stomper (land drone) to have some stretchers for medevac.

A few months ago I found a mod in workshop that allowed players to lay down on a mobile/wheeled stretcher, and someone else could move that. But I don't remember the mode's name.

Personally I have tried several times to create something like that, because I wanted to add "fixed" stretchers inside helicopters, but it was indeed very difficult to add AND to keep players laid on them while the vehicle was moving - and also had several glitches due to addActions and animations.

Maybe you best bet could be to contact the developer of that video which inspired you, or try to find and understand the code in some addOn like ACE - I know there are such scripts, but have never used any of these milSims stuff to know which adds what.

Regarding that video you posted, I don't think you can do that with two human players. Unless you create an AddON/Mod, in which the stretcher is a vehicle and the front carrier would be the vehicle's driver and the rear one, the passenger. Still, you would need to create some serious codes to add the walking animation every time driver presses acceleration, which I think might be the trick on that video.

My guess is that who made that one attached a stretcher and some kind of dummy on a soldier BOT, and the code activate those walking animations in predefined situations.

Take a look at the stuff from this guy, it might interest you:

https://steamcommunity.com/id/battlekeeper/myworkshopfiles/?appid=107410&p=2

Greetings! thanks for the replies. Maybe I explained myself badly, English is unfortunately not my native language.
I'm not trying to create a vehicle, I'm trying to create an animation that allows me to carry the stretcher together with another player. so to lift her up, the script waits for the help of another player who allows it to do the animation in the video above and then take away the stretcher with the patient on it. Maybe I could try using the "attachTo" function . But not being very familiar with writing scripts, I was asking for a hand from you who are certainly better than me xD

i work on this:

removeallweapons beb; removeallweapons bab; player action ["Switchweapon",player,player,99]; s attachto [bab,[0,-1.1,-0.1],"pelvis"]; beb switchMove "AinjPpneMstpSnonWnonDnon"; beb attachTo [s,[0,0.1,0.05]]; player attachTo [bab,[0,-2.3,0]];  bab playAction "StretchLiftFrontLoop"; player playAction "StretchLiftBackLoop"; [{player playMoveNow (animationState bab);}, 0, []] call CBA_fnc_addPerFrameHandler;

but I can't make them move and they don't take the right animation.
Then this thing happens only when the script is activated from the command console. I would like to create a situation in which the patient is placed on the stretcher and through an interaction on it, he waits for another player who is available to carry it. Whoever is ahead leads

Yeah, I got it. That's why I still believe it might be "easier" to have somebody creating a stretcher which works as a vehicle, from scratch as a mod, than to constantly get your brain against the wall several times, until you end up in a situation where one successful fix will break the other thing you had already accomplished in your previous attempts.

No wonder you will probably not easily  find such features you want: not only due to global vs. local issues, but it's very, very hard to make two (or more) players interact simultaneously with the same object in Arma 3.

I will try and search whether I still have somewhere the script I used for a similar thing before, so at least you can have some fun (and maybe some disappointment 😁 ) for starters.

One thing that might work is to add an EventHandler to one of the players, so when they press "forward", other soldiers will perform the walking animation, using link below.
The problem is, as far as I remember, if you attach a player to anything, they will lose their ability to perform stuff. Let's say you create an addAction to the player "getIn" the stretcher - which would attach they to it -, the player will no longer be able to get out for their own will, and even if a key is pressed it will do nothing.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3:_Event_Handlers#Activate

13 hours ago, JCataclisma said:

Una cosa che potrebbe funzionare è aggiungere un EventHandler a uno dei giocatori, così quando premono "avanti", gli altri soldati eseguiranno l'animazione di camminata, utilizzando il link sottostante.
Il problema è, per quanto ricordo, se attacchi un giocatore a qualcosa, perderà la capacità di eseguire cose. Diciamo che crei un'addAction per il giocatore "getIn" sulla barella - che lo attaccherebbe ad essa -, il giocatore non sarà più in grado di uscire di propria volontà, e anche se viene premuto un tasto non farà nulla.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3:_Event_Handlers#Activate

my intent would have been to load an unconscious player onto the stretcher to transport him away from the AO area or by helicopter. In fact, in this regard, I don't know whether to use the KAT Medical mod stretcher or the UH-64 HATCHET mod stretcher.