Sign in to follow this  
redarmy

DayZ Ravage

Chernarus.....

Not much is known about the Infected outbreak in Chernarus, but sometime after the civil war of 2009,
the inhabitants of the country became infected, likely with a disease or a similar biological affliction.
In many places around Chernarus, garbage bags marked as "toxic waste" can be found,
indicating some clean-up attempt was potentially made during the beginning of the outbreak.

At the same time, military troops of the Chernarussian Defence Forces, the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, and the Allied Nations were clearly in Chernarus.
If the reason for this was the outbreak or the prior/coincidental civil war, it is not known.
Regardless, the combined forces could not stop the hordes of the infected and were slowly overrun even with heavy weapons like tanks, which were destroyed or abandoned.
The military tried to contain the outbreak and organized the systematic disposal of corpses (as can be seen at Kamensk Military Base).

After the outbreak, the local military and civilian defenses were overwhelmed and disintegrated.
All inhabitants either fled the country, were turned into Infected, or roam the desolated area as Survivors.
The lawlessness led to a rise in banditry and an overall lack of equipment and available food....

Food,weapons,gear,transport......find what you need to survive.Avoid the infected and radiation,keep warm and assume all are hostile....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DAYZ RAVAGE,is heavily inspired by the DayZ standalone title,and Frankie on PC's DayZ adventures over the years,
Using Ravage mod,as an amazing platform in which to create the mechanics,dangers,and tools to bring to life the amazing experience of DayZ into Arma 3 in a single player scenario.

This is the closest experience to playing the standalone in singleplayer in the RV4 engine for me.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Info on all Ravage mechanics:
(Ravage wiki here) : https://ravage.fandom.com/wiki/Ravage_Wikia
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This scenario was created on Chernarus 2.0, it is imo the best Chernarus map in Arma3 and certainly the most similar to Chernarus plus.
Before i list the features which make this scenario unique let me first say,it took me 6 weeks and hours per day to create this. It is very well optimised,and should run really well. Haleks did a great job with Ravage,i have set up Ravage in this scenario to cater to SP and performance,the mod has a few dependencies although some are "soft dependencies"

I have further edited this map to include various details,points of interest and more flavour,but i did it sparingly with performance in mind. On an i7-13700/ 3060ti i never ever drop below 60FPS,no matter whats happening.

I recommend any melee mod you like. i use LAGO melee. lightweight and simple.

DayZ Ravage features:

*2,700 objects added to the map(performant)
*A persistent SP survival experience
*Roaming bandit patrols(hostile to you and each other)
*Bandit camps at night
*Bandits that can hunt the player(anywhere0
*Friendly survivors(whom if you aquire a radio,you can contact to join you,or ask them face to face)
*Hand picked selection of vehicles randomly spawned and damaged,needing fuel and repairs
*Enemy vehicle patrols(on hold until next update)
*A loot list of weapons closely resembling the current DayZ standalone weapon list(around 21 in total)
*Randomly spawned Heli crash sites with military loot
*Animals roaming off the beaten path for hunting and eating
*A hypothermia system . Warm up at fires or get indoors.(credits MuRaZorWitchKING, and JhonO)
*Vest damage system(chance that infected/gunshots can damage your vest causing any items inside to be lost)
*Traders( trader base located somewhere on Chernarus offering safety,a doctor,supplies,water and a hotel)
*Custom soundtrack( Think Frankie on PC Dayz)
*Brighter nights to avoid total pitch darkness
*Further tweaked fatigue system native to ravage mod(be careful what you carry)
*Radiaion zones around military locations in a wide radius(gasmasks help reduce intake)
*Food that can be contaminated(anti rad pills help)
*Mines in and around Military sites(consider finding a mine detector before venturing in)
*Boats and Heli's(small chance to find one or both of either)
*All buildings enterable(livonian classnames)
*Furniture system for all houses(credits tinter)
*50 plus uniforms and alot of accessories(Credits to EO for his amazing Gorka pack)
*21 plus weapons and many many attatchments to find rarely,including supressors,optics,flash hiders etc)
*40 different zombie clothing types
*50 facewear types
*30+ weapon attatchments
*40 different types of backpack
*30+ types of headgear
*28 variety of vests
*All included gear and weapons randomly worn by/used by all AI groups

Credits to Haleks and everyone who helped make Ravage mod as good as it is,the CUP team for their amazing gear and stunning Chernarus 2.0. And finally Bohemia for gracing us with the Armaverse.

Link; https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3050920861

• Like 2

Scenario has recieved many updates adding new mechanics and feautures,map edits and clean up.

Nearly 600 hundred subscribers in a few days with alot of good feedback.

Plan to move onto Livonia and Tanoa next.

Last major update today,its a total and complete DAYZ experience.

Latest change log/features:

DAYZ RAVAGE FEATURES::

*6,100 objects added to the map(performant)
*Currency and trade system
*Gear and equipment damage system like DAYZ standalone. Items and gear can becme ruined from damage and unusable.
*Breath fog and dynamic weather system
*Bandit patrols talkin ♥♥♥♥ to each other when player nearby
*Various Points of interest that are hand made,and serve a functional purpose to survival(updates will add more with inspiration taken from Chernarus plus)
*A persistent SP survival experience
*Roaming bandit patrols(hostile to you and each other)
*Bandit camps at night
*Bandits that can hunt the player(anywhere)
*Friendly survivors(whom if you aquire a radio,and get a signal from/atop radio tower(radio menu),you can contact to join you,or ask them face to face)
*Hand picked selection of vehicles randomly spawned and damaged,needing fuel and repairs
*Syphon fuel system. Syphon hose and gerry can. All map gas stations empty of fuel
*Enemy vehicle and air patrols
*A loot list of weapons closely resembling the current DayZ standalone weapon list(around 21 in total)
*Randomly spawned Heli crash sites with military loot
*Animals roaming off the beaten path for hunting and eating
*A hypothermia system . Warm up at fires or get indoors.(credits MuRaZorWitchKING, and JhonO)
*Traders( trader base located somewhere on Chernarus offering safety,a doctor,supplies)
*Custom soundtrack( Think Frankie on PC Dayz) Very non intrusive and only plays periodically(disable music if you dont like)
*Brighter nights to avoid total pitch darkness
*Further tweaked fatigue system native to ravage mod(be careful what you carry)
*Radiaion zones around military locations in a wide radius(gasmasks help reduce intake)
*Food that can be contaminated(anti rad pills help)
*Mines in and around Military sites(consider finding a mine detector before venturing in)
*Boats and Heli's(small chance to find one or both of either)
*All buildings enterable(livonian classnames)
*Furniture system for all houses(credits tinter)
*50 plus uniforms and alot of accessories(Credits to EO for his amazing Gorka pack)
*21 plus weapons and many many attatchments to find rarely,including supressors,optics,flash hiders etc)
*40 different zombie clothing types
*50 facewear types
*30+ weapon attatchments
*40 different types of backpack
*30+ types of headgear
*28 variety of vests
*All included gear and weapons randomly worn by/used by all AI groups

• Like 2

Nice little adventure, thanks.

I don't think there is a way to configure anything, is there? Like, I've looted a bit and killed a few AI groups, but I'm freezing to death. No matches so far, and I'd normally wear 2-3 sets of clothes if I'm cold, so I'd rather not worry about this part. Or say I'm hit by a zombie and poof goes my whole grenadier vest, together with all my mags, so I'd rather turn this off as well :).

Anyway, great work.