wasz stary

Weird bots on dediced server

Hello, my problem is really weird. When i place Ai unit in editor then play mission in host mp everything works fine. But when i place enemy unit and start same mission on dediced server (no ai mods, no headless) then same bots are staning still with their weapons on back BUT SHOOTING WITH IT AND CAN HIT YOU, they only move around their postion (360*) but like with no animation. If i place them with zeus its every thing ok, but all thing placed with editor then started on dediced server are having some problems. Any ideas? Any fixes? I cant find other editors with same problem. Looking for fast help! 🙂

Bad scripting?

If you don't have any script, just check your local files from Steam library, right click on Arma3 then properties and installed files / verify integrity of game files.

same for Arma3 server

8 hours ago, pierremgi said:

Bad scripting?

If you don't have any script, just check your local files from Steam library, right click on Arma3 then properties and installed files / verify integrity of game files.

same for Arma3 server

Just to clarify before my msg, I'm a part of this guys unit:

Strange thing is he actually verified his game files moreover we as well reinstalled our dedicated server lately because of new arma updates but still no luck. To what you said, it might be issue on his side tho, when I was doing mission everything was just fine but in his case it was different. 

10 hours ago, pierremgi said:

Bad scripting?

same for Arma3 server

I cannot be bad scripting, it’s just raw mission. I did  veification local files but how can it be on my side problem if on local host it works fine but at dediced server it starts doing this weird thing? It dosnt metter which unit i place. Civ/csat etc.

9 hours ago, wasz stary said:

I cannot be bad scripting, it’s just raw mission. I did  veification local files but how can it be on my side problem if on local host it works fine but at dediced server it starts doing this weird thing? It dosnt metter which unit i place. Civ/csat etc.

You say you verified so I assume it's the steam version you are running. It seems unlikely but just on the off chance... you haven't tampered (hacked/cracked) with the game files have you? 🙂

Same for the server?

Arma DRM was notorious back in the day 'cause it could shut down random features if it thinks it's been hacked, not sure if that's still a thing but you never know...

A more likely reason: are you running any editor addons? That could be inserting stuff into unit init's and would explain why Zeus stuff works but editor placed doesn't.

3 hours ago, mrcurry said:

You say you verified so I assume it's the steam version you are running. It seems unlikely but just on the off chance... you haven't tampered (hacked/cracked) with the game files have you? 🙂

Same for the server?

Arma DRM was notorious back in the day 'cause it could shut down random features if it thinks it's been hacked, not sure if that's still a thing but you never know...

A more likely reason: are you running any editor addons? That could be inserting stuff into unit init's and would explain why Zeus stuff works but editor placed doesn't.

Hello mrcurry, thats funny. No i didnt hacked and cracked any files. On server and pc side. Im not using any editor addons. I didnt use any init commands on units, animations etc just left click and place for testing. if i set any path for them, like cycle walk with 4 waypoints, unit will do "suffle dance" and moving left and right but stay still.

!!Update!!

Finally, i fixed the problem. 

FOR EVERY ONE WHO WILL HAVE SAME PROBLEM IN FUTURE HERE IS A FIX: You cannot use any of mods "advanced [towing, urban rapeling, sling loading] all of them were causing the problem. After removing all of "advanced..." from server, every thing is back to normal. Problem solved for me.

• Like 1