Andreilarazboi

You were kicked of the game. Steam Authentication Failed

Problem: So i hosted a Arma Server on my dedicated PC, that is on a alt account, after i set up everything with TADS as i always do i try to log in through LAN on my main account and i get "You were kicked of the game. Steam Authentication Failed", the main problem and it's a confusing one is that i only get this error when i try to join my new fresh server, if i join Warlords or any OFFICIAL servers i have no issue.

What i tried: I tried to run the server with my main account where i own Arma3 but i found out that you can not HOST and play ARMA at the same time, steam gives me an error when ever i try and either disconnects the server or it doesn't let me play/launch the game.

30 minutes ago, Andreilarazboi said:

you can not HOST and play ARMA at the same time

Sure you can. You can run both a dedicated server and a client from the launcher. Or you can run that dedi from TADST or whatever. Or on another PC. Heck, you can launch a dedicated Arma server without buying the game (you just need a Steam account.)

The error you describe sounds like maybe your profile folder is set to read-only. But I guess there are any number of things that could cause that error.

Verify your files on Steam, maybe log out and back into Steam, restart PC, etc. - all the basic stuff - then try to join your server. Once you get the error, quit, then find your .rpt file. Upload it to a site like PasteBin and share the link here.

3 hours ago, Harzach said:

"Sure you can. You can run both a dedicated server and a client from the launcher. Or you can run that dedi from TADST or whatever. Or on another PC. Heck, you can launch a dedicated Arma server without buying the game (you just need a Steam account.)

The error you describe sounds like maybe your profile folder is set to read-only. But I guess there are any number of things that could cause that error.

Verify your files on Steam, maybe log out and back into Steam, restart PC, etc. - all the basic stuff - then try to join your server. Once you get the error, quit, then find your .rpt file. Upload it to a site like PasteBin and share the link here."

Here is the RPT File https://pastebin.com/M4TQzYbA

I did check my profiles to see if they are on read only, i checked in : C:\Users\drake\Documents\Arma 3\MYNAME.Arma3Profile and from what i have seen they were not on read only.

I did restarted my PC a couple of times and i was getting sometimes a crash with the error STATUS_VIOLATION something after a couple of hours playing. The only thing i was able to host was by hosting through ARMA3'S internet hosting thing and my friends were able to join but i was lagging a lot.

I know how to host a server on another computer and i think i figured out how to host the server without steam saying anything but the only reason i made this thread is that I'm getting the Steam Authentication failed when i host on my Dedicated server and when i host on my pc, it's the same issue. Should i reinstall Arma3?

6:17:47 Warning: Current Steam AppId: 233780 doesn't match expected value: 107410

107410 is Arma 3

233780 is the Arma 3 Server tool

If you search the full warning message (minus the timestamp) you will find a few discussions about this, with a few different solutions. The easiest being to verify your Steam files, particularly the Arma Server tool.

Personally, I've never used that server tool, I just use the default arma3server.exe via the launcher, TADST, or whatever. I've never seen this error before.

On 8/3/2023 at 7:30 AM, Harzach said:

107410 is Arma 3

233780 is the Arma 3 Server tool

If you search the full warning message (minus the timestamp) you will find a few discussions about this, with a few different solutions. The easiest being to verify your Steam files, particularly the Arma Server tool.

Personally, I've never used that server tool, I just use the default arma3server.exe via the launcher, TADST, or whatever. I've never seen this error before.

Yeah i kinda let it go, i hate that this game still has bugs and erros like this and it still has a lot of potential if Bohemia just made it to run a bit better or use the resources we have in our GPU more than the CPU. 3000 hours in it and i still see more potential in arma3 than reforger. Thanks for your reply if i find a solution i will post it here.

Well, like I said, there is no problem using arma3Server.exe. Get rid of the server tool.

On 8/6/2023 at 3:12 AM, Harzach said:

Well, like I said, there is no problem using arma3Server.exe. Get rid of the server tool.

Wait you mean there is a server.exe in the arma folder?

Two, actually.

arma3server.exe

arma3server_x64.exe