Sign in to follow this  
SoulEnd281

Game Engine

On 7/27/2023 at 5:10 AM, Harzach said:

OK, so we're just talking about generally improving performance via modding. Sure, hiding objects (literally, using hideObject, which is what that mod does) might help, but not a lot. Graphically, A3 is no big deal. Those objects (including AI units) are still simulated, and that's where the real performance issues are. Using native dynamic simulation or a caching mod like ALiVE takes some time and skill to set up well, but can definitely provide a real benefit.

Excuse my French here, but f*** I completely forgot about ALiVE, appreciate that heads up.

On 7/27/2023 at 5:12 AM, Harzach said:

Are you sure you are copying the correct link?

What browser are you using?

Browser: Google Chrome.

However, it doesn't matter what browser I use.

20 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Online performance is dependent on alot of factors vs offline.

- What are your computer specs to begin with?

- So offline you get 88-100fps which is fine, but then what are you playing when you get these numbers a mission you created, scenario you subbed too, messing around in the editor?

- Are you running any mods when you play, which mods, how many mods if any?

Mods run offline:

CBA_3

Voice Commands for AI System

System specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X (you should have seen this in the Imgur link I posted).

GPU: AMD RX 6700 XT 12gb.

RAM: 64gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2933MT/s.

Board: Asus TUF Gaming x570-Plus (WiFi).

21 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

- So your issue is with online performance, so are you joining a public server, private server?

- Whats the scenario being played on the server? (if its a life scenario then theres your problem).

- How many players are playing at once?

- Does the scenario require any mods, and what mods?

- What's the server's location vs yours (whats your ping)?

- What's your internet speed.

Server type online: Private, password locked.

Scenario: Section Practices with my unit (the game performs atrociously on a server system as well).

Players: Can be about 16 players per squad, but generally no more then 32 players total due to the server's hardware.

Mods as a requirement: Yes. The units own ModPack, along with a few 3rd party mods.

Server location: Chicago, Illinois.

My location: Australia with up to 399ms of ping.

Internet speed: 100-150mb/s...... Yeah, its worse then hybrid coaxial, which is what it is now, and what it was previously.

imo this is your problem:

Server location: Chicago, Illinois.
My location: Australia with up to 399ms of ping.

But also depends how many mods in the mod pack and what they are too, AI mods will eat up the performance,

server hardware makes a difference as well but location of the server should be close to home so to speak for you, at least

half the distance of where its at.

I have a friend in Australia that him and i had a realism unit back in 2017 and we had our own server, i had rented it from streamline servers

the server was also same location as yours, but my friend had no issues with performance, we had some mods we used but not alot.

We built our own missions, but again my specs at the time were not as good as yours back then, regardless him and i and the others

were still getting at least over 60+ fps.

So a suggestion would be to adjust the location of the server that depends were the majority of members are at,

also reevaluate the mods your using, most especially AI mods, vcomai at the time tanked the server for us so we removed it.

Also note, alot of AI in the game, and using alot of scripts not using the right functions for server use will kill the performance too, considering

you have up to 32 players playing thats alot of people tapping in the performance.

If you want to know if the server or mods are giving you the loss in fps then suggest doing tests with your server, choose a simple mission

start with no mods, and add a mod and see whats lowering the fps, it could also be the server hardware itself, but the process of elimination

or at least some research into the mods your using, functions etc.

14 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

imo this is your problem:

But also depends how many mods in the mod pack and what they are too, AI mods will eat up the performance,

server hardware makes a difference as well but location of the server should be close to home so to speak for you, at least

half the distance of where its at.

I have a friend in Australia that him and i had a realism unit back in 2017 and we had our own server, i had rented it from streamline servers

the server was also same location as yours, but my friend had no issues with performance, we had some mods we used but not alot.

We built our own missions, but again my specs at the time were not as good as yours back then, regardless him and i and the others

were still getting at least over 60+ fps.

So a suggestion would be to adjust the location of the server that depends were the majority of members are at,

also reevaluate the mods your using, most especially AI mods, vcomai at the time tanked the server for us so we removed it.

Also note, alot of AI in the game, and using alot of scripts not using the right functions for server use will kill the performance too, considering

you have up to 32 players playing thats alot of people tapping in the performance.

If you want to know if the server or mods are giving you the loss in fps then suggest doing tests with your server, choose a simple mission

start with no mods, and add a mod and see whats lowering the fps, it could also be the server hardware itself, but the process of elimination

or at least some research into the mods your using, functions etc.

I cannot re-evaluate the mods as I don't own them.

I cannot switch the server of the units location, as its members are American, as well as myself not owning it.

kMgBkpo_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Well, about damn time.

My apologies for all of that.

I get real, if you will, angered if not given the correct info.

So, now you have a screenshot of some of my systems specs, to answer the question of what are they essentially.