Sign in to follow this  
borderkeeper

Movement on a moving physics grid

Question

Hey there BI devs,

for the longest time, I had a dream of me being able to walk or drive vehicles on top of a moving platform like a carrier. I tried a lot of ways to make that happen and even CUP attempted it with their ANZAC Frigate where you can "land" a helicopter at the back. The problem is that it tends to blow up or injure players if they move about.

I am not sure where the problem with this feature truly lies, is it in PhysX? Netcode? The Engine itself? I tried the same in Reforger with limited results, and this leads me to my question:

Is walking/driving on a moving platform in Enfusion:

a) Possible in the current engine with internal tweaks

b) Planned future feature

c) Possible right now with modding

d) needs major overhaul and possibly not worth it

Thanks a lot, BorderKeeper.

Czech version since I am Czech 😄

Ahoj BI vývojáři,

dlouhou dobu jsem měl sen o tom že můžu chodit po povrchu vozidel jako je letadlová loď. Zkoušel jsem hodně způsobů jak toho dosáhnout a i CUP se o to pokusil s vozidlem jako je ANZAC Frigate, kde můžeš "přistát" s helikoptérou na na záďi. Problém je že to nefunguje dobře.

Nevím kde problém může být. Je to ve PhysX, net kódu? Přímo v enginu? Zkoušel jsem něco podobného v Reforger s omezeným úspěchem a to mě navádí na otázku"

Is chození/řízení na hýbající se platformě možné v Enfusion:

a) možné s lehkýmí změnamí v enginu

b) plánováná funkce do budoucna

c) možné s mody

d) potřebuje velkou změnu v enginu a asi není možné

Díky moc, BorderKeeper.

EDIT: Jestli mi nikdo neodpoví tak půjdu na Skořepku během obědové pauzy s velkou značkou co bude mít napsané "dejte mi možnost se hejbat na hejbajících se vozidlech" 😄

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet