Sign in to follow this  
Brother_Clovis

Can't load my map after restarting world editor

I have to be doing something wrong here.   I started building a new terrain, everything looked pretty good, had a few layers setup, lighting and stuff.  I save it, come back a few hours later to keep working.  I open the world editor, and select file/ load world, and select my map.   All of the things I created earlier that were in my hierarchy are now gone.  They are still in the resource browser, but I can't add them back to the hierarchy.   My viewport is just solid white, and there is no gizmo in the top right corner.  

I've restarted this map 3 times now.  I have to be doing something wrong.   Why do I keep losing my progress?   

On 5/21/2023 at 8:48 AM, Brother_Clovis said:

I have to be doing something wrong here.   I started building a new terrain, everything looked pretty good, had a few layers setup, lighting and stuff.  I save it, come back a few hours later to keep working.  I open the world editor, and select file/ load world, and select my map.   All of the things I created earlier that were in my hierarchy are now gone.  They are still in the resource browser, but I can't add them back to the hierarchy.   My viewport is just solid white, and there is no gizmo in the top right corner.  

I've restarted this map 3 times now.  I have to be doing something wrong.   Why do I keep losing my progress?   

move your map .ent to folder called "LAYERS" as seen in picture

https://ibb.co/M81C4qn

On 5/21/2023 at 8:48 AM, Brother_Clovis said:

if that doesnt work- once moved open your .ent "world file" with notepad and add this line in save it

open arma reforger tools and open the map and force save all. 

but everything needs to be in the "Layers" folder when you do this. its just having a issue finding the default.layer file

Layer default {
 Index 0
}