Sign in to follow this  
tortuosit

Player character aiming to the ground/ into the sky

Hi guys,

long time no see. Playing a bit SP, some MCC sandbox fun... In my sessions for unknown reasons my player character suddenly aims to the sky, or totally to the ground, so normal aiming is not possible any more. Orientation only via freelook.

Anyone ever heard of that? Happend twice meanwhile, I could only resolve it via restart of mission.

Ever heard of this? Otherwise I need to review my historic mod mix.

Thx

I remember fixing a similar bug in Ravage - iirc, it was caused by negative damage values. You probably have a script running in your mission that heals the player, without a safeguard to make sure that damage doesn't go below 0.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, haleks said:

I remember fixing a similar bug in Ravage - iirc, it was caused by negative damage values. You probably have a script running in your mission that heals the player, without a safeguard to make sure that damage doesn't go below 0.

Aww, I love conversation with pro's. Thank you, that's probably the reason. Yes, such a script is running in my SP and now I added some "max 0" and "min 1" to setdamage. It's doing auto healing depending on player stance and movement. More relaxed: faster healing.
Have not touched scripting since ages. Felt like a virgin now 😄 Well, I'm touching ArmA only sporadically but this is how things go. Health script was 5 years untouched.

All in all the old scripts and mods still run quite well. Still playing your Ravage as well.

Script in question: https://www.paste.org/125136

• Like 2