Sign in to follow this  
joltan

Classes for nearesobject

What if I want to look for certain types of units - like all ground vehicles, all tanks, all choppers or all winged aircraft? I know there are some classes I can use instead of checking every available type, but I can't find any references on them... Any ideas where I might get lucky (didn't see anything in the references/tutorial sections at ofpec either)?

In the last official comref, you have a list of unit types at the end. I've read that you can test to which "meta-class" a unit/vehicle is (ie, Apache does inherit from class "air", class air is meta class for all flying vehicles).

I don't know the way to test this, ....herrmmm...

* Whisper goes hunting for answers *

Whis'

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (whisperFFW06 @ Feb. 28 2003,14:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In the last official comref, you have a list of unit types at the end. I've read that you can test to which "meta-class" a unit/vehicle is (ie, Apache does inherit from class "air", class air is meta class for all flying vehicles).<span id='postcolor'>

The first level of these "meta-classes" seem to work well with nearestObject. Plane, car, tank, APC and man seem to work OK. As far as I know, air and land do not work.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Spitfire @ Feb. 28 2003,15:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (whisperFFW06 @ Feb. 28 2003,14:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In the last official comref, you have a list of unit types at the end. I've read that you can test to which "meta-class" a unit/vehicle is (ie, Apache does inherit from class "air", class air is meta class for all flying vehicles).<span id='postcolor'>

The first level of these "meta-classes" seem to work well with nearestObject. Plane, car, tank, APC and man seem to work OK. As far as I know, air and land do not work.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, 'air' did not work - I had tried that. Mhhh... so what's the class for choppers, 'plane'?