Micha73

change VLS-41 with config.cpp

Hi,

I'm new here (but not to Arma), and I already come with a plea for help. I hope I don't get too much flak for that... 😅

I love the static destroyer (been in the Navy for some time), but the VLS-41 just doesn't cut it for me. The real-world equivalent VLS Mk. 41 is (mainly) used for surface-to-air missiles. Anti-ship and land attack missiles are just secondary.

So I managed to add e.g. the MIM-145 Defender and/or the Mk21 Centurion Missiles in the editor, but obviously the won't work correctly. Two things are needed: an active radar system (specs similar to the AN/MPQ-105) and the view from the turret needs to be less restricted (can't slew upwards). I see no way to achieve this using scripting in the Eden editor, so I guess I would need to create a modified VLS as an add-on with its own config.cpp.

I looked around for tutorials, and I was able to create a usable patch (thanks to Alex# and his amazing tutorial). But pretty much everything else I found seems to lack the information I would need. And/or it's just too complicated/convoluted to find the parts I'm looking for. Yep, I'm pretty old too...

So, I would like to ask for the following:

- any pointers how to write the necessary config.cpp

- or an already completed one (one free wish per day, right?)

Hope someone here has the necessary expertise.

The second step would be to change the VLS so it can be used for fire support missions. I can include it in the support provider module, but there isn't any ordnance to use. Guess it would require a GPS-guided cruise missile?

Would be thankful for any help.

Cheers,

M.

Hello, welcome to the BI forum!

I guess here's some stuff might be you're looking for..

011011390239FF3FAAB9F569624509920ED72B7E

1.jpg?token-time=1675987200&token-hash=i

1.jpg?token-time=1675987200&token-hash=m

I've made new Mk41 VLS add some anti-air missiles(SM-2 series and ESSM) capability some years ago. Not sure this is exactly you want,  but I think It is feels like "an already completed one" you're finding.