savoyard902

arma 3 sound insulation in vehicle

hello I have been facing a small problem for at least 8 months, arma must have had an update and added sound insulation to the vehicle driver (car, tank, heli...)
and again I plan to add a small local radio in the hmv but the driver does not hear it, or too weak
I think I have already gone through the commands say, playsound .
if anyone has an idea?

and here is a little video showing the problem

Hello. Try to set isSpeech parameter to TRUE (or 2 if you need fadeSound applied instead of fadeSpeech) when executing the command. I just quickly tried that and it helped. What is interesting is that some vehicles can play sounds normally as you expect the command should behave (i tested with "C_Offroad_02_unarmed_F" which plays sounds correct and with "B_LSV_01_unarmed_F" which does not) but most vehicles does play sound exactly as the car in the video. This is my best bet, so try it and let us know 🙂.

testvehicle1 say3D ["vtolRamp", 100, 1, TRUE];

testvehicle1 say3D ["vtolRamp", 100, 1, TRUE];

I just tried and the driver hears almost as well as the passargers and titlers in testing I would say that the sound of the other locations (passenger and shooter)

will be a fadesound 1 and the conductor will be a fadesound 0.9

can you explain this "true"?

Everything is explained HERE. It just plays the sound as speech when TRUE is set. That means it doesn´t apply sound filters but reacts to fadeSpeech instead of fadeSound. In case you replaced TRUE with 2 instead it would also not apply sound filters this time the sound would react to fadeSound. Basicaly that´s the only difference between these two parameters. So in short-

testvehicle1 say3D ["vtolRamp", 100, 1, TRUE];//this reacts to fadeSpeech
testvehicle1 say3D ["vtolRamp", 100, 1, 2];//this reacts to fadeSound