Sign in to follow this  
Badger 2-3

Workshop and Server browser not working

So... I'm rather frustrated and I'm at a loss of how to fix this.

I cannot for the life of me get workshop to load. The service state is green across the board. I see items in there but their icons are infinitely spinning as if the page is loading. 

I created a mod, and can PUBLISH to the WORKSHOP. In fact, upload to workshop was rather painless and super fast. So, it's clear I can connect to workshop -- just not in the game?

So I publish a mod, yet I can't even enable it in the game? I can't download it obviously either due to workshop not loading. So I've been having a friend download it, zip it, and send it to me. Just so I can play with everyone using my mod.

Has anyone ran into my issue? Are there any fixes?

1. I've reinstalled the game

2. I've verified game integrity

3. I've deleted the mods folder

4. I've moved my workbench projects to desktop just for quick testing purposes

5. I've verified my internet speed is well above requirements. 1 GB down, 5 MB up

Additionally, I feel like I shouldn't have to download my mod. I tried taking my bundle and unzipping it into a folder with matching GUID but that doesn't work.

Server Browser Issue

I have observed if I open game -- navigate to workshop, the server browser no longer works

However, if I open game and go to server browser -- that works.

Neither order of operations fixes the workshop issue I'm having though unfortunately.

So for giggles I was trying different things.

1. I verified my firewall wasn't the culprit, it's not dropping any packets 

2. After waiting 2 minutes I noticed workshop loads. But this timing is actually very inconsistent. Sometimes I actually get it to immediately load! Crazy, I know. However, most of the time I have to wait on average 2-3 minutes before workshop loads ONE page. In my case, my mod showed up on the first page so it wasn't a big deal since I could click on it, update/download and poof it works as intended. 

This is purely speculation but it feels like the API service is possibly the fault? Because it certainly works.... eventually, sometimes instantly. Again, speculation but if it's using sockets my guess is a resource isn't getting disposed of properly? Therefore you have to wait until the socket times itself out until a new one can be made? Just a theory....I'm just whipping this out of thing air.

Workshop publishing works without issue. Not sure if it's the same web application, but the publish endpoint is doing good. However, it is also an entirely separate app right? It's the workbench, not the game itself.