Sign in to follow this  
Blademun

War stories

C'mon, we've all got warstories..online and off. Why isn't there a thread to tell them? There isn't a whole lot of disscussion around here at all really..like whats your favorite rifle, why? ect..I'm not used to that o.o C'monguys..maybe its done in the past, that dosen't make it bad to keep doing!

Er, ack, I go off-topic on my own post. Eh heh, anyway..

You got any good war stories to tell? Post'em!

Fom the CoC site

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hi all

I wrote this battle report when I first played BS06 myself in late July 2002 just before we all got the CoC up. Since then it has been languishing in the CoC developers archive I thought you might like to see it.

After Battle Report

Well I just finished playing (play testing) BS06 all the way through.

I won here is how.

I sent my mech infantry via the base where my transport were, through the gap in the forest and along the coast road to the forest NW of Regina.  

I set alpha platoon's waypoints to take defensive positions but left them all in hold so I could just set them to waypoint mode when the enemy artillery comes down (1st section I place in the bushes north of the houses, 2nd in among the houses, 3rd in the trees east of the houses )

I set bravo platoon's waypoints to take defensive positions but left 1st and 3rd sections to hold so I could just set them to waypoint mode when the enemy attacks  (1st section I place in the houses , 2nd I send NW to the clump of bushes on the road by the corner of the forest , 3rd in the trees east of the houses )

I set charlie platoon's waypoints to take defensive positions (1st section I place on the hill west of them , 2nd I send NE to the clump of bushes and trees along the forest edge, 3rd west to the forest then north halfway to the MG )

I brought up my Support units to forest NE of Levie; for fast transport and to have support units close enough to battle to be of use. This may have been a tactical error.

I waited in the Humvee drinking coffee.

The first probe at Laruns came at around 01:10  bravo platoon 2nd section and Charlie 2nd section  took out a lot of enemy in the woods. The enemy followed through though and took out our lone MG and took the village. I counter attacked with bravo 1st and 3rd sections set to follow waypoints. I used waypoint mode on and off to do bounding over watch.

When the mech infantry arrived at their destination. I dismounted the infantry and via camera mode set them up in the forest watching the beaches against the possible amphibious landing. I placed the Bradley East of the forest at its back that way they can cover anything that gets off the beaches.

At this point enemy artillery opened up on our centre and west flank. I set bravo to hold.

I waited it out then set alpha platoon to follow waypoints and take their defensive positions. I sent charlie 2nd and 3rd sections north up to their MG positions covering from the forest edge.

I resumed pushing the enemy out of Laruns when 1st and 2nd sections reached the village enemy artillery opened up and I retired them to beyond the edge of the village.

There was a short lull with some probing attacks on the centre but nothing developed. I used the time to clear all waypoints for my infantry and mech infantry. I set up egress routes through cover for all my infantry back toward the support units (Operation Bug Out). My ambulances were already at work.

At around 01:20 I heard mechanized units on the move to the north. Probing in the centre became very aggressive. I let the local units deal with it.

At around 01:30 an amphibious attack took place on my west I went to camera mode with my mech infantry but I had badly placed my officer (wrong side of the woods; they go where the waypoint says, remember this)

At around 01:35 an attack developed on my western flank with tanks and mechanized infantry. I went to camera mode and did work ordering various sections to pick up the AT weapons of dead soldiers and asking them to target and engage the enemy T72s and IFVs.

I moved my armor to the slight dip in the ground NNW of Levie.

At around 01:45 the enemy broke through on the West flank and I moved my weapons section to SSW of Levie in some trees covering the road to Saint Pierre. I sent the AT team of my HQ section slightly north of them in bushes in view of Levie. I ordered Operation Bug Out with all my infantry. I sent the HQ light grenadiers and 1 sniper south to the village of Durras.

I drove my car south to my new HQ at the village of Durras (this meant I was out of touch with the battle for some time use a driver next time ah but AI drivers huh?) I and the rest of my HQ section dismounted.

I had a report that the enemy had entered Regina #### my Mech infantry had been out flanked I sent them off to Regina and placed waypoints for them following the probable line all the way to Saint Pierre.

My tanks were heavily engaged and about to be outflanked but some of the platoons from Operation bug out had arrived in the forest covering the N of Levie so I moved the tanks to the ESE back to the hills below the forest overlooking their original position. (Some repair and rearm took place)

Some units of charlie platoon from Operation Bug Out were still in contact with enemy infantry and despite their best efforts remained in contact right into the forest where I managed to construct a hasty ambush with some of bravo platoon where charlie platoon withdrew along a line of bravo platoon in the forest on their eastern flank. Alpha platoon did not withdraw successfully 2nd section remained in contact with the main enemy force through out its withdrawal and the few survivors of the first attack were all killed just south of village they defended. 2nd section withdrew to the woods but always remained in contact with enemy infantry the last two died on the edge of the woods yards from safety. The four surviving soldiers of 1st section were bypassed as expected and I withdrew them North and then West to the Forest then South to the forest North of Levie they were in sporadic contact with the enemy infantry through out their withdrawal until they passed through charlie platoon who rebuffed their trackers so survived the last four soldiers of alpha platoon, all were wounded but made it to the ambulances.

The ambulances were in the right place for the wounded after the enemy break through on the west flank and my withdrawal of the east flank to new positions covering the north of Levie. The support units did repair a tank and refuel and rearm the others but I lost a lot of soft skinned vehicles to the enemy break through due to their placement.

The MG jeeps of my weapons section had had there engines running all this time and ran out of fuel (The first ever logistics crisis in OFP?) I dismounted there drivers.

My mech infantry reported contact at Regina I set them to halt in the town I switched to camera mode at the time I was in slow-mo in time to order the Bradley to attack a BMP, beautiful the misile is blasted out of its launcher then the rocket lights up and leaps toward its target all in slow-mo lit by the rocket flare. Kaboom! I stayed around for a little longer but there was nothing for me to do, back to my own squad and the map.

The enemy was about to enter Levie. Big Battle tanks rockets Infantry complete craziness didnt understand half of it just relied on units positions.

I set my Mech infantry to follow their waypoints

Then #### They broke through. I was down to 3 tanks. One damaged and only two wounded crew. One repaired crewed by two from another tank!. Four tanks and 1 IFV were taken out on the road by weapons section and my HQ AT team. Suddenly there was infantry all round them and a tank broke through. It was heading for me and I don't have a single LAW or AT with me. I send my tanks on a high speed dash towards me. This is going to be bad.

I can hear the MGs on the jeeps going all the time but I have my own worries how do you stop a 60 ton plus tank tearing down the road to victory without an AT? I drive my two Humvees to make a road block on the south of town, then I remember my saboteur I have him set 1 charge just south of the improvised road block left for trigger. Then send him North up the road towards the tank as soon as he sees it I have him put a charge and set the timer to 30 seconds then bug out SW this is all in slow-mo. Back to normal speed miracle of miracles the timed charge gets him the tank rolls on for a 50 or so meters to the East of town then stops the turret is still active though. Over the next few minutes I sneak the saboteur up to him and have the saboteur place the final charge again with a timer. I get him round behind the cover of two nearby houses and just manage to get myself behind another when the charge goes off. Kaboom.

My tanks start to arrive I check my Mech infantry what Mech infantry they are all dead. I send the tanks straight off to Saint Pierre. I send the last 6 of my support section to join them 1 the ambulance stays behind treating the wounded at Levie where the battle still goes on. I send my AT team off to Saint Pierre but get them to leave one AT soldier at Durras both Laws go to Saint Pierre.

Over the next half hour Durras is attacked by two infantry squads I loose my saboteur no more blast charge. Then another tank breaks through. I hear it before it gets shown on the map. It reaches the roadblock stops to go round and my AT guy gets it with a perfect shot; a crew member jumps out and one of my soldiers takes him out. Both my Humvees are toast. Its 02:30

From then until 05: 00 enemy infantry attack Levie, Durras, Vernon and Saint Pierre. Mostly from the valley sides. I Spend a lot of of time under MG fire. A large attack by 1 surviving IFV and some infantry comes in from Regina but the tanks MGs and my weapons platoon are up to the job, I loose more soft skinned vehicles though. An ambulance (the last one) arrives at around 04:30 and attempts to treat my MG guys who stay at their guns. This means it parks up in front of an MG and when an enemy infantry squad arrives it gets 3 RPGs #### (I will ad the MGs to squads for the next version) This was the last big attack 2 squads both sides of the valley scary cross fire, don't think we got one of them, they bypassed me attacked Vernon and took out an MG. Then developed down the road to Sainte Pierre where they were destroyed.

There was occasional sniping after that until dawn. In the last half hour it quieted down. I sent the remains of my infantry to recapture the Laruns line they had to stay out of Laruns itself as the enemy kept shelling it whenever my troops entered it. I went on a tour of the battle field in the refueled Humvee of my AT team I got the rest of my platoon in the refueled truck of the weapons section.

From the road to the supply base through Levie to the T Junction on the West Flank of the Laruns Line it looked like a tank junk yard. I found a totally repaired empty Abrams near a bunch of shot up soft skinned supply vehicles. I used it to finish off some lame T72s and T80s; not moving, turret out of action, but showing Red and active. There were a lot of bodies mainly around and in the woods and near the two MGs at Levie, both ours and theirs.

I moved to the west of the Laruns Line I found an MG and its emplacement at the T junction smashed to pieces but couldn't find the gunners body.

At 06wow.gif0 the cavalry arrived. I wish there was a way to go back in to find the bodies of my Mech infantry.

Battle Report by Walker at the Laruns Line, Southern Everon. Late July 2002 <span id='postcolor'>

crazy.gif .......WOW........  wow.gif

You actually spent all that time typing all that..that's a ...lot! tounge.gif  

Sorry but I only read about half of it, I don't have that much patience you know. I don't think anyone does smile.gif

iCe

Well one time in the mission after montinac I ran about 500-1000m under constand enemy fire(dont think they had meny magazins after that) I only got hit one time and I dident die but I did do alot of zigg-zagg. later that same mission I was running up hill near to the extration zone two russians came and shot me luckly I dident die, just emtyed a mag in their heads, at that time I had spent one-two weeks to complete that ******* mission so nothing could stop me at that time.

I am not old enough to be a soldier but in denmark you can try to be a soldier fore a week, I had just had my night whach and had goan to sleep when a gruppe of sargents came and threw a traning granade about 5 meters from me an started fullauto fire whit theres G3 rifles and I tell you it is not funny to wake up like that. biggrin.gif

STGN

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STGN @ Mar. 27 2003,10:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">[...] I had just had my night whach and had goan to sleep when a gruppe of sargents came and threw a traning granade about 5 meters from me an started fullauto fire whit theres G3 rifles and I tell you it is not funny to wake up like that. biggrin.gif

STGN<span id='postcolor'>

It's much more fun with an arty simulator biggrin.gif, of course from so close it would be dangerous...

Is this post for OFP fanfics or what?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (|iCeMaN| @ Mar. 27 2003,02:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">crazy.gif .......WOW........  wow.gif

You actually spent all that time typing all that..that's a ...lot! tounge.gif  

Sorry but I only read about half of it, I don't have that much patience you know. I don't think anyone does smile.gif

iCe<span id='postcolor'>

Hi iCe

Took less than 15 mins to type. It took at least 5 hours real time to play wink.gif

Too long to read huh confused.gif a 500 word report; never read a book then? Or maybe my prose is too boring for which I apologise.

Kind Regards walker

I wish my Ops's didn't break.

I must procure new ones!

Off to software etc.!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Denwad @ Mar. 28 2003,12:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I wish my Ops's didn't break.

I must procure new ones!

Off to software etc.!<span id='postcolor'>

confused.gif what confused.gif

lol, I was in the Army Cadet Force until about 2 years ago, left cos of exams, but it was really cool, I did a number of attacks and defending including defending a river attack, getting ambushed, doing the ambush, attacking an enemy base etc etc. Basically, I learnt the army way, and if college falls through I'm still gonna join the forces.

I wont bore anyone with any of my stories about my attacks etc, just some BG info about my history with arms etc, I know how to do everything a reg would, apart from stripping and cleaning a GPMG smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (haunted @ Mar. 28 2003,12:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I know how to do everything a reg would, apart from stripping and cleaning a GPMG smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I've seen some smart ass cadets before, doesn't impress me a bit wink.gif.

Of course I don't know wich country you're from but I still doubt that in any country cadets will learn as much stuff as the regs, not even reserves. I don't think you guys would like to learn some military laws, Geneva conventions and some other boring stuff we have to know. I think I could also add many combat drills that you don't get to learn, weapons you don't get to shoot because ammo for some weapons is very expensive, etc.

I do see that you're interested in this so when you're old enough you know what to do biggrin.gif. Only then you could tell if you knew as much as you think you do... but I'm getting off topic so back to stories.