EO

Transition time from wet to dry after rainfall

I find the period of time just after rainfall to be both beautiful and so atmospheric, but it’s always over to quickly for me personally.

The current transition takes around 150 seconds to go from saturated ground to completely dry, this transition also seems to be independent of the time multiplier (active or not) and the weather forecast settings (meaning after rain, regardless of rain>sunny or rain>cloudy, the transition time is still around 150 secs.

Could a script or modification allow this transition time to be increased or decreased?

I have no idea where to look in the game files for this transition time, any ideas folks?

15 hours ago, EO said:

[...]

Look for a "BaseTimeAndWeatherManagerEntity" component with the script editor : most of the methods handling weather are located there (including the SetCurrentWetness and SetCurrentWaterAccumulation methods)... But sadly that part of the code isn't exposed to modders, meaning that we can't properly override vanilla behaviour from that component.

And I don't see a parameter for this in the WeatherStates config either. 😞 

Note that one of comments in the BaseTimeAndWeatherManagerEntity code states this :

Mind that wetness and water accumulation effects are WIP and they will not be set yet.

So hopefully, we'll be able to tweak those in the future.

• Thanks 1