Sign in to follow this  
stoppelhopser

Russian ww2 infantry beta online

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (stoppelhopser @ Feb. 23 2003,19:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i also read some complaints about different weapons hardcoded to the addons... well as far as i know you can just use "removeallweapons" and assign the ones u wanna use...

cheerz<span id='postcolor'>

Heh, that was me. tounge.gif

Good to see you're using Upminder's pack. Regardless of where it all came from, they are nice-looking weapons, they shoot straight, and they just "feel" right when you use them.

One can only hope that others follow your lead. Yes, I do know how to change kit though script, but to be honest, it's a total PITA to do it for more than one or two squads per side. Not to mention that if someone ends up with a poor host connect, they're bound to come across that one rifle that doesn't quite fit with the rest.

The bigger issue however is spending my 500MB of Addons folder on cool new WWII stuff instead of so-and-so's versions of the exact same weapons that I already have.

Now, the big question. Not that I dislike your German weapons, in fact most of them look rather nice, but are there any plans to retrofit your Landsers to use Up's weapons? Now that I've got your (absolutely amazing) Russians, I also have the weapons already... biggrin.gif

-5hole

I am very glad, that the heavy Stoppel's work has found a recognition at the admirers of game. Of some time I can tell, that it is really one of the best variants Soviet infantry, in general - it is nice infantry addon. I am ready to advise the author on any questions of appearance these the soldier. I hope at us it will turn out even better. smile.gif

What would make them better would be some anti-tank guns and some heavy machine guns. biggrin.gif

I do hope that some addon makers will make some aircraft and tanks for these poor guys as well. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">anti-tank guns and some heavy machine guns<span id='postcolor'>

To my knowledge, there is no PTRD made or planned.

Someone's working on a Maxim(More like a heavy MG) and the Nam Pack contains a DshK(A real HMG).

Don't know about made, but one is planned smile.gif

<might need some help w/skinning, since I only have a B/w photo of it>

Drat smile.gif oh well, d/ling it now, I'll see what it's like, if It's halfway useable I'll make something else smile.gif

<I don't care WHO makes what, as long as I get one>

biggrin.gif

Ok, lowdown on it so far,

Textures, are very nice, not too flashy but enough color to make the weapon look "right".

Model, seems a tad longer than the ones I've seen in photos, but that isn't bad enough to hurt it.

Sound, too weak, very nice sound, just not loud enough.

config, touch too powerful, think taking the damge down a bit would help, ATR's shouldn't act like bazooka's <which is why bazooka's phased out ATR's>

Overall a nice piece and very useful, I'll probably rework sound and damage on it and keep it <No I won't release it, if the author wants to know, I'll send it to him>

But very nice work anyway <sound of an unfinished ptrd being flushed>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">think taking the damge down a bit would help, ATR's shouldn't act like bazooka's <which is why bazooka's phased out ATR's<span id='postcolor'>

I believe(My personal oppinion) that Rocket Launchers phased out Anti-Tank rifles because there smaller. The PTRD was about or over six feet long in comparison to any rocket launcher which is about 3-4ft long. Not to mention rocket launchers fire an explosive projectile that is propelled most of the way by fuel.

atriflemen_01.jpg

Regarding the PTRD, not bad. The sound needs work. And 14.5mm rounds aren't explosive. I haven't tried it on anything other than the WW2EC Stug, and you can see it does most of its dammage to the tracks, which is what its really supposed to do, immobilize vehicles.

I like it. Considering there is not another one out there, I would gladly take this one. I like the effects it has on tanks which immobilizes them and forces the crew to bail out. So far, I think its great when used in cunjunction with Stoppels Russians and WW2ECs Stug. Has anybody heard of other weapons being developed? I heard on flashpoint.ru forums that some one is close to finishing the Dp 1927 degterev machine gun but got hung up on config.