Sign in to follow this  
Shashman

A bridge too far

Hey I'd like to make a mission involving the Davle bridge...Like you have to destroy it or else you have to get there before the enemy blows it up, something like that...How can I make a trigger that either destroys the bridge, or how do I destroy the bridge? Obviously I can destroy itn but the bridge itself isn't a selectable object so how could I link the destruction of teh bridge to a trigger?

Cheeers... biggrin.gifwink.gif

All objects on the map have IDs, just press the button Show IDs or something like that and zoom in on the bridge, I think the bridge is like 5 objects.

So once I have these IDs, how do I do what I want to do? I.e make a trigger that detects whether the bridge is destroyed, or activates the detruction of the bridge,etc...

Thanks

wink.gif

Object Bridge# setdammage 1 (in activation feild of trigger)

Destroys bridge

Object Bridge# Getdammage >=1 (In condition field of trigger)

Detects if bridge is destroyed

Hmmm...OK so I've done the trigger, and put in what you said to put in the onactivation field, but nothing happens...I would like the bridge to explode, not just suddenly appear to be destroyed you know...How could I do this? I'd say a LGB explosion would be a good one to choose...

Try this: put a game logic in the bridge's position and when you want to blow it up (I mean the activation of a trigger for example):

"Laserguidedbomb" camcreate getpos glogic

This should give you the big explosion you want.

Bye

...somewhere a shark hopes to meet ya...

(in activation feild of trigger)

boom = "laserguidedbomb" camcreate [(getpos Bridge# select 0, getpos Bridge# select 1, getpos Bridge# select 2) + 0]; Object Bridge# setdammage 1

In the first part of that, the "...) + 0]", you may have to change the 0 to get the bomb to land right onto the bridge.

there you go Animal....Just so as you don't overwork your ticker wink.gif