Sign in to follow this  
Ritalin44

Creating Terrain Broken?

Hey guys. before I start, I'm aware that the tools are still very early development and prone to issues.

I seem to be losing my mind though, I've created a terrain before and with relative ease, by following the wiki tutorial

But as of posting this, whenever I create the terrain it's blank and invisible. Then when I try to save the world it crashes the workbench entirely.

I had a friend try and he got the same result, So this is more of a sanity check than a report or whatever.

Any one else getting this issue?

On 6/3/2022 at 11:18 PM, Ritalin44 said:

Hey guys. before I start, I'm aware that the tools are still very early development and prone to issues.

I seem to be losing my mind though, I've created a terrain before and with relative ease, by following the wiki tutorial

But as of posting this, whenever I create the terrain it's blank and invisible. Then when I try to save the world it crashes the workbench entirely.

I had a friend try and he got the same result, So this is more of a sanity check than a report or whatever.

Any one else getting this issue?

I did post this on another topic but just in case.....the below text is from a YouTube comments section, may or may not be a work around?

Максим Гордеев

16 hours ago

Hello guys! I hope all of you in this branch who still have that issue will get my reply. I had the same issue. Start with a blank world, create new terrain entity, do the "create new terrain" thing (terrain is invisible), then delete terrain entity and immediately revert this step. Terrain should appear and you'll be able to save the world. P. S. I appologize to SepticFalcon for effectively spamming with solution in comments but I just really want to help everyone because I understand their frustration too well. I have 59 crash dumps as a reminder after all my attempts to get rid of that nasty issue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reaper lok said:

I did post this on another topic but just in case.....the below text is from a YouTube comments section, may or may not be a work around?

Максим Гордеев

16 hours ago

Hello guys! I hope all of you in this branch who still have that issue will get my reply. I had the same issue. Start with a blank world, create new terrain entity, do the "create new terrain" thing (terrain is invisible), then delete terrain entity and immediately revert this step. Terrain should appear and you'll be able to save the world. P. S. I appologize to SepticFalcon for effectively spamming with solution in comments but I just really want to help everyone because I understand their frustration too well. I have 59 crash dumps as a reminder after all my attempts to get rid of that nasty issue.

Thanks Reaper. Good to see there is an interim solution while we wait for the official fix 🙂