honger

Easy way to rearm AI at certain body?

Hi, so there's this situation: I've been defending an outpost with my AI teammates for two hours straight and eventually they all fired all their ammunition, including any spare mags in vehicles or crates in the vicinity. I am surrounded by a good hundred of bodies and I would like to choose a certain body I want my AI to take weapon and ammo from.

However the only way in vanilla, from what I've experienced, is to select the AI, 6 -> choose desired weapon. It wouldn't be a problem but:

a) Weapons in the list are not shown with distance to them, so I can have 100 AKs of the same type to scroll through

b) well, it's 100 of guns to go through before I can select "rearm at [vehicle]".

My question is, does anyone know if there's a way, or a mod, that would let me select my teammate and tell him to take that very certain gun or rearm at that very certain body by just selecting it? I don't really get how is the vanilla list of guns sorted and no matter what I try, usually the AI runs through the whole map to grab an AK from a body.

Yeah i just cant believe they never addressed this -who in the world thought it was passable game design to have an action list:

Take Ak-74

Take Ak-74

Take Ak-74

Take Ak-74

Take Ak-74

Take Ak-74

Take Ak-74

Take Ak-74

Open Door (not the one your facing)

Take Ak-74

Take Ak-74

Take Ak-74

Take Ak-74

Detonate Self

Take Ak-74

Take Ak-74

Take Ak-74

Take Ak-74

favorite is when this list is actually flickering do to unknown circumstances and you end up blowing yourself up while trying to Take Ak-74

I actually suggested to Devs like 7 years ago to inform us of a Target's Distance in the Menu which they decided to implement. At the same time i suggested they do the same for Pick Up Items but they for some reason decided against it. Why they couldnt add a point and click context sensitive to  a fallen soldiers inventory i dont know. 

• Like 2