aurora1-4

Creating Looped Sounds

I am literally posting this because I lost the piece of code and spent hours trying to come up with an alternative.

call 
{ 
 _null = [] spawn {for "_i" from 1 to 999 do {       
  playSound3D [getMissionPath "" + "sound\workshop.ogg", e1, false, getPosASL e1, 5, 1, 50];       
  sleep 60;       
 };       
}; 
};   

2 hours ago, dreadedentity said:

Do you need help with something?

Didn't need it originally. Was just using this as a page to bookmark for when I come back to it in the future.
However, do you know of a way to stop a playSound3D loop half way through a loop.

I wanted to use it for both a generator and a siren.

The generator loop starts from the mission start and has a holdaction to disable it which should stop the sound immediately although, it continues the loop until the sound file is complete. 

The sirens are dependent on the "alive generator". If the sirens are playing and the generator is disabled, then the sirens should also stop immediately, but the same thing happens.

5 minutes ago, aurora1-4 said:

However, do you know of a way to stop a playSound3D loop half way through a loop.

It has been a while since I've messed with playSound3D so this might be wrong. I think you have to delete the object making the sound to make it stop. If that doesn't work, or isn't an option,  you will have to use say3D which returns the sound source only so you can delete it at will

2 minutes ago, dreadedentity said:

It has been a while since I've messed with playSound3D so this might be wrong. I think you have to delete the object making the sound to make it stop. If that doesn't work, or isn't an option,  you will have to use say3D which returns the sound source only so you can delete it at will

Yeah, I thought the same also. 
Tried deleting the object but the sound continued, strangely. 

The sound files are pretty short anyway so i'm content with how it currently is. 
Thanks anyway though!