Andrew Gallway

Armor plates (opinion)

In my opinion I think these armor plates give too much of an advantage and the plan is very hard to get. I wouldn't mind to see these armor plates get taken out of the game completely because I don't think this is what the devs had in mind when they added them to the game.

Well here’s the thing it was handed out early for free for anyone who happened to be playing at the time this came out in the battlepass. As for effectiveness yes depending on the Caliber of ammo used against them plus the range it’s used at it can effectively double your health. But I can attest to being one shot even with the armor on. Remember this only protects against body shots not rounds to the legs, feet, arms or head. Shotguns also pretty much bypass body armor at close range as do some snipers if the plate is partially worn already. I don’t see an issue with them personally 💁‍♂️ I’d say they help but aren’t essential. You can win unarmoured Versus an armoured player if you hit your shots right and play smart. In a real scenario not everyone is gonna be well equipped or have a “fair advantage” such as is real survival and conflict, what’s important is that you adapt to the circumstances.
Understandable if it’s an obvious OP meta weapon that everyone uses like the hbar back in the day and the bugle before both were nerfed from a gameplay perspective this was needed to encourage a variety of weapon useages. But when it comes to equipment, if your more prepared then your odds are better, if your not then play smart and work with what you have and maybe fight less, don’t feel compelled to fight if you encounter a geared player. You take that shot and see they have armor, pull out some distractions or suppressing fire then break contact. 🙂

• Thanks 1

I hear you. Honestly man I kill people that use plates pretty often. The thing that gets me is when they zig zag up to you, so you jump up and starting spraying them and they soak it up and kill you. I've probably just been playing too much recently and little things are starting to get to me. Time for a mental health break from gaming I guess 🤣🤣

Might take you up on the offer sometime I stream a lot and sometimes can’t fill the full team 😂 but yes the frustration can be real but there’s sneaky ways to get people 😛 I once camped in a bush literally 2 feet from signal detector on Victorson and two geared players showed up within a minute of each other one with an adr and armor. Needless to say they didn’t expect a guy with an m16 and 200 rounds to ambush them 😂