SPLive12

Melee needs to go

Please remove the melee option. It serves no purpose and has continued to get in the way when in combat.  Usually it's accidentally used when being ambushed and you're stuck swinging your rifle while you try to find cover. Never ends well.  Bottom line: it's never intentionally used...it just gets you killed when you didn't mean to use it in the first place.

I actually kinda agree the melee system needs a total overhaul or as you say removal I think of better things I can key bind to that command. Which speaking of, an option re map our controllers would be a welcome help.

Apart from that, it is extremely difficult with Vigor to sneak up on someone unnoticed and e.g. to perform a knife attack, now that this is a 3rd person game. In other words, I can see very, very well what is happening around me. so in my view there is no sensible use of knife attacks. and in the kapf inside houses it is advisable to work with automatic weapons anyway, instead of using buckshot or knives. Then there is the movement. that's ok, but for acrobatic actions, like i eg. in Battlefield just don't do that. That's why I avoid going into a movement attack as often as possible and prefer to stay at a distance. especially when lying down and getting up, my movement freezes, and often these are the precious moments that i need to escape.
ok, now we have an update, new season, and the movement is said to have been improved. nevertheless, I think that it would have to be much more intuitive/reactive for good close-combat actions. Besides, does that fit in Vigor at all? Sure, a knife attack always looks powerful and exciting in film and history. in games it is only 1-2 keystrokes. Vigor is so good at his stealth and strategy which could be disrupted by melee optimized movement, as now everyone just jumps around, rolls away, runs at you... the more intuitive the controls, the more take advantage of that, and um the game becomes more hectic. i love it especially because of these laws of silence and rest(before the fire is suddenly opened from afar and you have to react lightning fast) 😄
Melee is really unnecessary. I'd rather have the option to throw rocks, toggle sights or attachable silencers 😄 and a diplomacy option that shows other players your surrender and they can take/choose your loot and tie you up for 40 seconds , until you have untied the shackles, allowing you and the others to escape.

img43223176pf.png

they def should remove melee with a firearm and leave the melee system to utilize the right trigger when you have a knife out.

On 3/6/2022 at 10:34 PM, SPLive12 said:

Please remove the melee option. It serves no purpose and has continued to get in the way when in combat.  Usually it's accidentally used when being ambushed and you're stuck swinging your rifle while you try to find cover. Never ends well.  Bottom line: it's never intentionally used...it just gets you killed when you didn't mean to use it in the first place.

yes agreed 

I constantly miss shots because l’m to busy swinging my rifle…