Sign in to follow this  
Spinor

Request to bis:

When using an invalid object ID for the object command

_object = object objectID,

OFP crashes to desktop. Could it be made so that the command returns a NULL-object in this case?

At CoC, we are trying to do an automated terrain sampler for our strategic AI. One part of this is to determine all map objects for which the object command is quite useful.

Related to this: What is the type and class structure of trees and bushes? The commands typeOf and countType do not seem to work on them.

Thanks,

Spinor

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Spinor @ Feb. 16 2003,13:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Related to this: What is the type and class structure of trees and bushes? The commands typeOf and countType do not seem to work on them.<span id='postcolor'>

Trees and bushes are not considered to be an "entity" in AI view of OFP world, therefore they do not have any class / type.

Thanks Suma, that's what we figured.

Now, I know I personally asked for one "useless" marker feature in the past as onMapSingleClick was going to solve our problem in MP biggrin.gif (it's great) but this object function is a real bugger as it blocks us from sampling all objects for smart AI in the OFP engine.

If there is another patch... fingers crossed. smile.gif

Hi all

BN880 from Suma's statment

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Trees and bushes are not considered to be an "entity" in AI view of OFP world, therefore they do not have any class / type.<span id='postcolor'>

I am guessing that trees and bushes are not in the "table" objects and adding them to that "table" would result in a massive increase in processing overhead.

I think perhaps we are asking the wrong question and what we want is map vertex info on the property for specifying different types of land. Or we may be able to get the data for vegitation cover from the 2D map values.

A command to return vertex info such as type and angle might be more useful.

Kind Regards walker