Sign in to follow this  
killagee

Saving sound preferences

Everytime I start a new game the sound preferences are reset to default. I always have to turn the radio down before each game.Anyone know how to save these settings?

Cheers confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (killagee @ Feb. 16 2003,07:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Everytime I start a new game the sound preferences are reset to default. I always have to turn the radio down before each game.Anyone know how to save these settings?

Cheers confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

The settings are normally saved on exit. There's something wrong with your system.

Either your \users\yourname\UserInfo.cfg file is set to read only, or your copy of Flashpoint silently crashes to desktop when you're trying to quit so it doesn't have enough time to save the settings.

EDIT: if nothing works, try manually editing the corresponding values in UserInfo.cfg. The contents of the file are quite self-explanatory.

Also, a long time ago, if you launched OFP using the minilauncher that auto-runs when the CD is inserted, you would lose your preferences every time you did that. If you selected Quit instead, and ran it using the icon on the Windows desktop, no problem.

I'm not sure if that problem still exists today, but it was probably taken care of with one of the patches.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (killagee @ Feb. 16 2003,18:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thanks guys!! You can close this thread now... biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Why? Problem solved? If so, what was it?