HitmanTurkey

AI Unable to Drive Amphibious Vehicle in water

I was trying to make an amphibious assault mission using the LAV-25 and the AAVP7/A1 from the CUP mod pack. When I placed the units in the ocean and gave them waypoints and started the mission they were unable to go anywhere in the water or move at all. The LAV-25 was able to move forward at a decent speed but I soon noticed that it couldn't turn in the water at all. I can drive the vehicles in the water just fine but the AI are unable to. I was wondering if there was a config to fix this or anything else I can do to make them move in the water so I can make this mission. Thank you in advance for any assistance. Much appreciated!

UPDATE: I moved closer to land and in the shallower waters the AAVp7/A1 can turn and move for a little bit but then they just stop again and are full throttle not going anywhere or turning. The LAV-25 after it reaches a certain point can turn and move fine but I have to make it lined up from its origin cuz for a while it can only go forward and not turn at all.

Whilst this may not be a bug exclusively to CUP vehicles (amphibious vehicles are janky at the best of times), you're best posting this as a bug report to CUP themselves. It isn't really something someone else should be 'fixing'. It may be something CUP themselves can fix (but on the other hand it may not as I previously said - amphibious vehicles are a little weird sometimes).

try to use this https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setDriveOnPath vehicle will go wethever you want - you need only simple script to discover direction - target destination and water to take control by this command - drive into water and then back give control to AI, this command should be made to work even on water units - unfortunatell isn't arma missing command like that to control ai units directly from script (for example to solve stacking planes on taxi way in airfields or like your problem stack vehicle in water).

I'm not sure I understand how to do that. Anyway there is a youtube video lol?