Sign in to follow this  
Reticuli

Looking for moderately-nerfed but not disabled personal goggle & scope thermal imaging

Any hacks or mods available to substantially degrade personal goggle & scope thermal imaging?  I think right now the only such characteristic is the inability to see as much ground/terrain detail as NVG, but it's not by much, and it's universal to all TI in Arma 3.  I'm thinking less overall capability than current small TI gear in the presence of ANY dust, smoke, fog, or rain where you might still be able to see slightly with NVG or naked eye, even lower contrast, lower resolution, blurry FOV peripheral edges, maybe even restricted FOV compared to full-screen Ace 3 & BettIR NVG that I'm using with an amber filter, and definitely an inability to differentiate small, static targets at long range in any but the best conditions (e.g. completely clear LOS of naked dude in front of snow), and even then not with the kind of detail we're currently getting that is just too ridiculously defined, high-contrast, and easy to pick out anything that's not TI-stealth.  You might as well use TPW's HUD mode, which I usually put at 0min/0max range unless I'm playing a robot 🙂  I don't mean nerfing big-league vehicle or pilot integrated vision fed from the aircraft similarly, though I'm fond of A3's lower-res fusion modes for vehicles (and hopefully the pilots get feeds from the aircraft into their helmet soon).  I don't want personal goggle & scope thermal imaging totally unavailable, though, just with more particular limitations than they have, reflecting the constraints of small, mobile, TI gear.