Sign in to follow this  
Junker

Scud missile object name

i have searched everywhere looked in all the tutorials and its not listed anywhere.

whats the object name of the missile on the scud so i can use it in a camcreate command..?

Yes, it is a bummer, but be patient and someone with knowledge will likely reply. It is best to wait a day at least, or preferably until your thread has "fallen" off of the first page. Then you can "bump" it up to the first page again with a post. As to your question, I'm afraid I do not know. I believe that the scud missile is actually part of the scud launcher, even after it has launched. Listen. Go into the mission editor, and on the desert island map create a civilian (set him to player), an empty scud, and an empty BMP. Test the mission. Get into the BMP, and knock the scud onto its side. Get out of the BMP, and get into the scud. Now launch the scud, and you will see what I am talking about. If you somehow rock the truck back and forth while the missile is still in sight (but has left the truck), it will waver around in the air. From this, I gather that the missile is attached to the truck by a sort of invisible, untouchable support. Thus, I do not think that the missile is a projectile, and so I am afraid that you must create your own unit for your mission. I hope this is not the case, and that someone with knowledge superior to my own will quickly inform us that I am wrong.

Little Blue, HAHAHA! Oh that is neat. How did you find that? Oh that sounds so wierd to have the missile fall over if the scud launcher falls over. biggrin.gif

So I suppose that means the missile is actually just an animation from the scud launcher.

There is a tutorial at OFPEC that creates the scud missile itself and then follows it through the air. The missile is an addon though.

Doolittle

Hmm?  Oh, screwing around, the usual idiotic stuff... You know.  Little Blue Assassin grins.  You should see us at Through the Looking Glass, the Thief forum I attend.  Thief is an excellent (albiet rather old) game, but it has a very buggy physics engine.  We come up with so many dumb tricks there.  Recently I discovered that by leaning against a door and swinging the mouse sharply to one side, you will be hurled away from the door.  You can use this to slam into enemies and hurt them.  Another person discovered that if you land on an artificial intelligence, you will survive a fall of any height.  One of the objects in the game is an egg that you can carry which will, when thrown, create a small demon that will destroy itself upon enemies.  People take an egg, climb to the highest point in a map, and jump.  Right before they smack into the ground, they drop the egg straight down and land on the artificial intelligence, so that they survive.  We call it "frogbeasting."

Of course, Operation Flashpoint isn't buggy like that, but we have our fair share of funny things to do, such as tank flying.