william516

High end laptop 1-2 two second stutters almost unplayabke

Not new to the series of Arma.  I started back in OFP and even had ARMA3 installed on an older laptop.  The old laptop was an Alienware 17r4 it burned up and was replaced.  On the old laptop I was able to play with no problems no stutters or odd behavior.

My new laptop is an MSI Ge75 Raider it has a I7-10875H processor with 32G ram, it also has 2080 super graphics card.  This laptop more then exceeds ANYTHING that was even contemplated back when this game came out.

I used the detect option on the games visual settings and allowed the game to use the optimization settings of ultra.  Playing the game with almost vanilla (exception of CUP items, I like the older stuff)  the game suffers from 1-2 second random freezes for no reason.  Sound, control, and everything freezes and then returns to normal.

Game is installed on an SSD as well, checked forums and used ideas such as setting affinity to all cores and process priority to high.  No improvement.  The mission is on Stratis with ah64 apache, ch47 chinook, etc.  No scripting with exception of a few things in the init. Line.

Waypoint movement created using eden editor.

With these issues the game is damn near unplayable.  I'm find it VERY odd that a far more powerful computer is unable to play this game.

Hopefully someone has an answer that will allow me to play again.

Processor usage on task man. 38-40%

GPU usage 40%

Thanks for any help

Bill

2 hours ago, william516 said:

The mission is on Stratis with ah64 apache, ch47 chinook, etc.  No scripting with exception of a few things in the init. Line.

Waypoint movement created using eden editor.

With these issues the game is damn near unplayable. 

So the issue doesn't come from your laptop. Neither Arma imho.

Return back without any parameter at launch (core, memory.... let all stuff by default).

The "few things" in the init can ruin performance. You can create lags with two lines of code. That's the problem for any game allowing custom scripts.

I will try it out with 0 mods and see if this still occurs.

Thanks

1 hour ago, william516 said:

I will try it out with 0 mods and see if this still occurs.

Thanks

Watch your scripts also (any code in any init field of any object/unit..., event scripts, triggers, logics...)