Sign in to follow this  
PPSDRNKR

Winter 1985

I've downloaded everything needed for the Winter Campaign but I get a error saying no start mission was found. What is wrong?

Which files did you download?

From where did you download them?

Where did you put the files?

What version of OFP are your running? Resistance? GOTY? 1.90? 1.91?

What is the exact text of the error message you're getting?

I downloaded from File Front:

LRD Cobra

SEB Delta Force

STE Rangers

Pavehawk

Arctic Armor

Winter Everon 1.2

Winter Malden 1.0

Winter Nogojev 1.1

Snow Storm

Put them in the main addons folder.

I'm using 1.90

And the error message only came up once and didn't read it.  But when I click start it brings me back to the main start up screen.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PPSDRNKR @ Feb. 07 2003,14:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Put them in the main addons folder.<span id='postcolor'>

OFP\AddOns, correct? Not OFP\RES\AddOns.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And the error message only came up once and didn't read it. But when I click start it brings me back to the main start up screen.<span id='postcolor'>

Are you running OFP: Resistance or the GOTY edition? If the former, did you install the Campaign 1985 Update patch? If not, do so.

Next, delete the following file:

\OperationFlashpoint\Users\<span style='color:red'>your_player_name</span>\Saved\Tmp\1985 winter (ofpr).sqc

Then start OFP and try again. If you still have the error, write down the exact message(s). Also check if the error was reported in file Flashpoint.rpt in OFP's base directory.

This is what I did. It came up with a No entry 'campaigns\1985 (Winter)\ description.ext. Campaign'.

I found a file was miss placed and chaned that.

Now I get a 'Error in campaign stucture' error.

And I'm using Resistance with the 1985 Update

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PPSDRNKR @ Feb. 07 2003,15:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This is what I did.  It came up with a No entry 'campaigns\1985 (Winter)\ description.ext. Campaign'.

I found a file was miss placed and chaned that.

Now I get a 'Error in campaign stucture' error.

And I'm using Resistance with the 1985 Update<span id='postcolor'>

Sounds like you've downloaded the old version of the 1985 Winter Campaign. In that case, who knows! I can tell you that it certainly won't work with Nogojev Island. It was designed for the earlier Winter Kolgujev Island.

Chances are you did not retain folder structure when you unzipped the campaign files (I think it comes unpacked) into your Campaigns folder. Messy! Messy!

If this is all true, first clean up your campaigns folder and get rid of any (many many) files belonging to the 1985 Winter Campaign.

Second, search The FAQ for "1985 winter" and download the updated version of the campaign. Once you do, you'll see that the newer version comes as a single PBO file, to be placed into your Campaigns folder. Hard to mess that one up. biggrin.gif

Let us know if it all works out.

I really wish I had the time to download something that take 5.5 hours. mad.gif  mad.gif

Are the missions exactly the same?  Because they seem a lot harder confused.gifconfused.gif

I personally found the missions in Winter 1985 to be harder than the original campaign. But you are given a scoped M16/M4 as standard iirc, so it kind of evens out.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MintyBoy @ Feb. 15 2003,12:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I personally found the missions in Winter 1985 to be harder than the original campaign.<span id='postcolor'>

I agree. Two things that may attribute to this:

1. Enemy arctic camo. Very simply I find that it works positively negatively against me. biggrin.gif

2. Arctic folliage. It's different than the original folliage. It may at times affect/improve the line of sight between AIs and the player and vice versa.

I don't think it is the scenery because in the mission 'Rescue' my leader circles the forest you start out in. In 'Montignac Must Fall' I tried it at least 5 times but always had to retreat, nerver had to in the original campaign. mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PPSDRNKR @ Feb. 17 2003,21:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't think it is the scenery because in the mission 'Rescue' my leader circles the forest you start out in.<span id='postcolor'>

That's most probably scripting and waypoints, irregardless of scenery.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In 'Montignac Must Fall' I tried it at least 5 times but always had to retreat, nerver had to in the original campaign. mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

That might be the AI having a better time distinguishing arctic camo than your eyes. wow.gif

In any case if you don't like it play steal the car 500 more times until you have some skills to tackle the compaign biggrin.gif