Sign in to follow this  
Pagoda.br

Floor Object

I'm doing a mission with a construction system, and i'm adding vanilla objects to the construction system. But some real floors objects are missing in vanilla Arma 3. Player are using pears as floor but they are tall and waste a lot of space.

I want to keep it as a mission, no mods, so i would like to add some floor object to it via createSimpleobject command, the object will be created on clients and server, locally.

It's all ready but i don't have any floor model to add.

I would like to ask if someone can provide a floor object so i can add it to my mission, or point a place to obtain those kind of Arma 3 models, even if i need to pay.

Thanks.

44 minutes ago, Pagoda.br said:

[...] I would like to ask if someone can provide a floor object so i can add it to my mission, or point a place to obtain those kind of Arma 3 models [...]

Not sure you'd be able to add a new model at the mission level - fairly sure you'd have to add it as an addon thereby creating a mod dependency.

4 minutes ago, Jackal326 said:

Not sure you'd be able to add a new model at the mission level - fairly sure you'd have to add it as an addon thereby creating a mod dependency.

I already did that with createSimpleobject alternative syntax. But the model path for clients and server are different, so it is created on clients but give a error on server, ot it is created in server and give a error on clients. By the way i will create it local on all machines, so no problem.

46 minutes ago, Pagoda.br said:

I already did that with createSimpleobject alternative syntax. But the model path for clients and server are different, so it is created on clients but give a error on server, ot it is created in server and give a error on clients. By the way i will create it local on all machines, so no problem.

But surely if its within the mission.pbo the path stems from there or does the process/command require an absolute path?

7 hours ago, Jackal326 said:

But surely if its within the mission.pbo the path stems from there or does the process/command require an absolute path?

Not sure i understand, but for the clients the path is something /mpmission/... and for the server there is no mpmission so it's other thing. Was some time since i used that.

This helped me to make it work: http://killzonekid.com/arma-scripting-tutorials-mission-root/

You can use it in clients and server, it works. The returned path is different on clients and server.

If there is an Arma 3 modeler interested is doing some Arma 3 objects for me, please contact me. I am willing to pay for the models.