Sign in to follow this  
NinjaKid

Rockets fired at nothing

I've been trying to get a group of DKM Mod Team's M25 ATAMCS's to fire. The idea is as you fly over you see them launching their rockets at some far off target, you don't know or care what, it just adds a bit of an environment.

I tried using the "TANK DoFire target" command in the "On Activation" field of a trigger but that didn't work!

I also tried to get them to fire at a target in the air using the "this setPos [(position this) select 0, (position this) select 1, (position this select 2)+100)]" command with a series of objects but since i can't make the DoFire command work i don't know if i'm doing this right.

crazy.gif

Answer this for me and i might give you Å10, but probably won't!

You can not use DoFire or CommandFire if the tank in this case, does not see the target as an potential threat.

e.g. a tank will only fire(doFire,CommandFire) on other tanks or APC's, or if the target is an soldier, the gunner will switch to the MG, and fire that one instead of the main gun.

To overcome this "problem" place an dummy object(a radio, telephone or any other small object) somewhere near the tanks, it(the object) needs to be seeable by the tank,

in on triggers "onActivity"

tank1 DoWatch Target1(name of small object)

the tank will "watch" the object.

then, in another triggers "onActivity"

tank1 Fire ["GunName","RoundName"] (GunName=Main gun, RoundName=Bullet or shell fired by the GunName)

This will "force" the tank to fire at the dummy object.

It's quite a stupid sollution, because if you order the tankcrew to disembark, and trigger the "fire" trigger, the tank will fire without any crew present..

If there's another workaround for this, I'm glad to know, because I've been trying to solve this also, without having radios hanging in front of the tanks(it looks rather stupid)

I've tried that. The ATAMCS turret looks at the object which looks pretty cool cos the gun raises and it looks like its preparing to fire. but i can't get it to fire at it. I don't know what the main gun name or round name is. There has to be another way, and someone must tell us for both our sanities!

It will work if you know the gun and it's ammo name is.

That's the hard part, especially if it is a addon, which it is in this case.

I also want to know if it could be handled differently.

Good luck wink.gif

Try burying an object underground by changing the z-axis to a negative number? (I have no idea if this would work, since I'm one of those unfortunates who can't work scripts)