Nathan Alder

Shelter - Thoughts?

I may be preaching to the choir, but the Shelter area is missing out on tremendous potential. It’s probably one of the most beautifully-made “home base” settings I’ve ever seen in a game and I constantly find myself just looking out over the lake in awe. Lore-wise, the shelter is the whole point of the game, right? We scavenge loot to improve it. Just seems a shame that it sort of stops there, on top of a few mini games (which are still great).

Some ideas:

1. Open up the area a little more. I can’t tell you how badly I crave this. Let us explore the surrounding terrain a little. Heck, give us a little rowboat to take around the lake or even just the bay.
  2. Obstacle courses?
  3. Pets - Maybe give us a German Shepherd or wolf dog or something to roam the playable area, maybe let us pet them or interact a little. Introducing animals into the nearby woods would be cool too.
  4. Involve that tower/platform thing out on the lake. I'm dying to visit it, haha.
  5. Allow us to invite other players to our shelter, maybe add a "duel" option.
  6. Customizable shelter colors? Or other ways to customize it in general,  make it "ours".
  7. (Unlikely, but it’d be fantastic) “Defend your shelter” mode. Could be a weekly thing, could be a whenever you want thing. It’d probably have to be PVE but I could see this adding sooo much value. I can see a large grassland NE of the shelter, that’d be a cool place to do something.

And just anything that could give those of us who appreciate the shelter more satisfaction in building it up. Just needs a little more "life" in my opinion. Either way. Hats off to the team behind its design!

I for one would love to ride the food donation crate once a week to the other side and maybe get some extra free loot from over there based on an upgrade we can perform at the shelter. Also I second the oil tower visit idea would be cool to feel more involved with my shelter and to be able to recolour it. Opens up options to earn new cosmetics in battle passes and crates, new music tracks and collectibles 🙂 plenty more we could do also helps to fill up the battlepass with

more meaningful items 😉