Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

Armed dune buggy (minigun) by m s holder

The only thing I was disappointed with is the texture of the cage, it is simple monochrome on both versions...while the engine, wheels, gun etc. have proper textures.

It will make the game lag.

Just the minigun has more than 1100 faces at LOD 10.000.

That's 15 times as many as a T-72 in OFP.

Edit: A small mistake had to be fixed crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Feb. 05 2003,07:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You can get this sweet addon at Opflashpoint.org.

http://www.opflashpoint.org/images....y-1.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

It's nice and all, but it's too bad that they didn't do a little tiny bit more work and made it into the standard DPV (Desert Patrol Vehicle) used by Navy SEAL teams.  Like someone else said, they also could have textured it much better, plus I've never seen any FAV mount a minigun... not that it couldn't, but usually I see them armed with M2's, MK-19's and M60's (or M240's)...I've also seen one with a 30mm cannon.  

Oh well...  Hopefully the one by the BAS crew will kick ass...at least theirs looks realistic.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

It's a nice little vehicle to drive around / make fast attacks etc.

As people have said before, the lack of texture on the frame needs to be addressed. I also think it would be a good idea if a gunner was added, so that the driver could be left to driving. I doubt that the driver would, IRL, operate the minigun as well as driving.

But a fun addon nonetheless smile.gif