gc8

High command camera

Hi

I'm looking for a way to have floating HC camera in 3D where you can issue orders. With default arma HC you can issue orders in 3D mode from player's perspective but I would like to have floating camera that gives you wider range in 3D to issue those orders. I was thinking of maybe making the player float in air (and make invisible) so you could see the battlefield in 3D better. But this is just a thought and not the best solution obviously and I don't know if it's even going to work. So anyone got better ideas? 🙂

thx!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pierremgi said:

Play with Zeus.

But zeus doesn't support high command?

I'm thinking of using the zeus but I have a couple of questions.

1) Can the zeus ability to drag objects around be disabled? I want only to allow waypoints creation

2) Can additional information be displayed on mouse hovering over group, like in HC?

3) Can the zeus scripts be modified by mission scripts? With HC its possible to overwrite the HC functions

4) Can the zeus side panels be hidden (automatically and permanently)?

Hey, hello again. I searched High Command Module and your post was one of the first things that popped up. We have similar interests seems like.

Have you tried controlling subordinates while operating a drone? It would give it a bit more of a realism aspect. If your commander is a drone operator then you can still select your subordinate groups with the regular high command tab. (control space) I was just testing it out and it works.

It might make it a little more challenging than if you are just using some free floating camera but it would also be more realistic. Trying to coordinate a operation when your drone is your eyes in the sky seems like a real world situation.  You have to keep your drone safe, you have to think about the orientations. You might not always be able to click the exact spot you want on the terrain because of the angles. You have to know the terrain and read the maps and stuff.

Give it a try. Throw up a stealth drone in a wide and high loiter. 2000M up and a wide circle can cover a vast area.

@Fluxion i ended up using zeus instead. it's nice especially if you can script you can modify the interface for your needs