so im still really new to arma and i was in the editor so i could try flying planes but when i load the scenario there are no sides i can pick from so i was wondering how to add side and stuff like opfor or blufor

Hello firetornado, Welcome to BI forums!

9 hours ago, firetornado said:

when i load the scenario there are no sides i can pick from

Because you will need to place units to pick from, and set one up as player, and others to switch too.

8 hours ago, firetornado said:

so i was wondering how to add side and stuff like opfor or blufor

In the editor what you need to do is place units down for what you want to fly, and then make them playable, you'll need one as the player and the others set as playable.

Ideally you'll want these units in seperate areas or they will engage each other.

Heres what you do:

1. Place a soldier down, preferrably a pilot if your going to fly, so choose from the drop down list on the right in the editor you want units so press F1 and then choose Blufor or Opfor colors.

2. Place the units you want, i suggest placing a blufor pilot, and an opfor pilot, and then you can also place the planes down that you want to fly.

I suggest unchecking the box at the bottom of the units list that says "Place vehicles with crews"

If you uncheck that box, then any vehicle, tank, plane, whatever is placed wont have any AI in them, this will allow you to choose whatever plane you want to fly, and get into it.

3. When you place units (soldiers) down from the F1 list, you basically choose from the list, and drag to the map where you want them.

The first unit you place will be a player which is when you preview the mission you will be playing as that character unit.

Any other units you place will be AI units that will remain in that spot you place them and wont do anything.

So you can either setup multiple units you can switch to or the easiest place down the planes you want to fly, it sounds like you want to play as specific sides.

So you have some options here I have a tutorial on how to setup teamswitch to where you can place units, or whatever you want on the map and be able

to switch to them if you want to try things out, see it here:

I suggest learning about the editor too, there is a built in tutorial series at the top right corner of the editor, run that and it should show you how to do things.

Would also suggest reviewing this page which is all the information on the Eden editor.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Category:Eden_Editor

If you need further guides, and tutorials on editing, the editor, and various things related to working on or building missions see

my Compilation list here

Eden Editor, Editing, & Mission Building Guides, Tutorials & Tools Compilation List

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/229263-eden-editor-editing-mission-building-guides-tutorials-tools-compilation-list/

Hope that helps!