Sign in to follow this  
Paladin

Stug iii

NICE

wouldn't mind a version without the bushes on the back though...........

Bushes or no bushes its another great addon Vibes. What we need now is the Churchill or the Firefly m8. What with all the great German tanks out there, the poor old Sherman needs some support . biggrin.gif. The Opel trucks are really nice too. Keep it up m8 we will take all addons you can produce. We are going to showcase all the addons you have made at www.Wopster.com

BigUzi=WoP=

wow that looks great, and its my favorite stug variant to boot.

i wonder where he got those attrocious looking german troops though?

WW2ECteam makes very nice WW2 vehicles, thumbs up for that. But most of them have one major thing that should corrected, tank armor values. They are just too high confused.gif. I tried their Wirbelwind tank addon as an armored target for Stug, it took about 5 shots to destroy the Wirbel.

So please correct the armor values and we can have some great tank battles smile.gif. Oh and btw shouldn't the Stug have machinegun like MG-34?

agreed on the armor values, in testing their shermans Ifound it took 4 shots from a T-72 to kill 1, other than that, the work is outstanding.

FYI most StuG's <and other members of the assault gun family> lacked machinguns, it was one of their flaws.

Oh and Vibes, interior detail, OUTSTANDING biggrin.gif

I will pass the information on. Oh btw, think of the units there as a tease as to what we have for units in the works wink.gif

We got some badass stuff on it's way.

I just thought this could be helpful, BIS armor values:

M1A1 900

M60 300

M113 150

T80 700

T72 400

BMP 200

T55 300

And WW2EC addon values:

Panzer IV 550

Sherman 550

StuG III (plates) 568

StuG III 564

Wirbelwind 550

T-34 (well not WW2EC's but anyway) 850

*EDIT*

WW2 addon team's tanks:

Sherman 320

Stuart 200

Tiger 1000

Flakpanzer IV 280

Hope this gives some help on how to change them smile.gif.

Do you have the armour values for the WII armour packs as well?

So on the Tiger I, the other Wirbelwind, sherman and Stuart?

I tested the WW2-addons and I can also see the problems with the armor values.

On the other hand you can not set the armor values for these tanks as low as they needed to be to compared with the "modern" tanks because of OFPs damage model!!!!

If you put the armor values too low the tanks can get seriously damaged with only a couple of handgrenades or some light MG fire. The OFP damage model does not make differences in terminal ballistics like between a rifle bullet and a rocket or handgrenade.

You can even wreck a M1A with a M16! (provided you got enough ammo and enough time) smile.gif

Sure it's fun taking out WW2 tanks with a T90 but I think for the playability of the complete mods these guys are working on the armour values need to be quite high. (Relation between armor and AT-weapons)

Perhaps these modders could release two versions of their tanks, like one with rather "realistic armor" and one for a WW2-only environment!?

Marcel's stuff is a tad underarmored, actually,

Acecube,I'm in full agreement there, but at the same time,it totally destroys the "immersion" to have a M4 stand upto hits from a Tiger,it's a fine line.

still,a presentable model is actually good enough for me, I don't MP,so any niggleI might have with the config, I'll simply change, no harm no foul. biggrin.gif