Mootaz25kh

Help with Using CUP assets

So a few weeks ago I got permission from CUP guys to use their Assets but hit a wall with config, as started with infantry uniform but I couldn't get it to work so any help with that.
don't know if this got asked before but if so post a link to the topic 

According to your config, this line among the others:

model             = "\CUP\Creatures\People\Military\CUP_Creatures_People_Military_USArmy\ACU\CUP_ACU_1.p3d";

You haven't defined what required addon the models you are using from CUP in your cfg patches requiredAddons[] seen here:

class CfgPatches

{

class Tunisian_Army_v2

{

units[] = {"Tunisian_Uniform_v2"};

weapons[] = {};

requiredVersion = 0.1;

requiredAddons[] = {"A3_Characters_F"};

};

So you need to determine which CUP mod, my guess is CUP_Units and locate the file in its addons folder which my guess would be

this ---->   CUP_Creatures_People_Military_USArmy

based on the model your using, you need to define the source in the required addons to start, do that and then see how it loads.

Because atm the only thing your loading is vanilla model head and hands from using A3_Characters_F in the required addons which is all you have defined as a source.

You may also check the path to your textures again, because

"Data\Tunisian_uniformP1.paa"

The uniform texture would be located in p:\data\" which is most probably not the case.

You need to specifiy the full path (without drive letter) to your uniform. I don't know what your project folder is, but let's assume it's "Tunisian_Army"

Then the path to your uniform texture would be:

"Tunisian_Army\Data\Tunisian_uniformP1.paa"

Same goes for your icons etc.

3 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

According to your config, this line among the others:

model             = "\CUP\Creatures\People\Military\CUP_Creatures_People_Military_USArmy\ACU\CUP_ACU_1.p3d";

You haven't defined what required addon the models you are using from CUP in your cfg patches requiredAddons[] seen here:

class CfgPatches

{

class Tunisian_Army_v2

{

units[] = {"Tunisian_Uniform_v2"};

weapons[] = {};

requiredVersion = 0.1;

requiredAddons[] = {"A3_Characters_F"};

};

So you need to determine which CUP mod, my guess is CUP_Units and locate the file in its addons folder which my guess would be

this ---->   CUP_Creatures_People_Military_USArmy

based on the model your using, you need to define the source in the required addons to start, do that and then see how it loads.

Because atm the only thing your loading is vanilla model head and hands from using A3_Characters_F in the required addons which is all you have defined as a source.

1 hour ago, W0lle said:

You may also check the path to your textures again, because

"Data\Tunisian_uniformP1.paa"

The uniform texture would be located in p:\data\" which is most probably not the case.

You need to specifiy the full path (without drive letter) to your uniform. I don't know what your project folder is, but let's assume it's "Tunisian_Army"

Then the path to your uniform texture would be:

"Tunisian_Army\Data\Tunisian_uniformP1.paa"

Same goes for your icons etc.

thx guys I already got help in discord .... but i guess I will keep this thread on so that any future bugs I come across as I don't know coding in general even though back in 2016 I created a mode using vanilla and some other mods assets 

• Like 1