Sign in to follow this  
edjof17

Resistance slow

I just bought OFP RESISTANCE and the game runs very, very slow. I have to take it back....Don't get me wrong OFP is the best war game ever and I will always keep and still play OFP 1.46.

I have a P4- 2Ghz, 512 DDR, GF4 video.

OFP runs so smooth with 1.46 (no lag at all with 1024 32m res and all options turned up), that I was shocked when RESISTANCE ran so choppy at about half the options turned up. Especailly when I turn around.

Is there anything I can try before I send the game back. I would hate to, but I just cannot afford to loose the smooth gameplay that I have come to love and spent 1 week (and 400+ dollars) upgrading my machine to play 1.46 so smoothly.

Also, it is a shame that the no new patches have been created for 1.46. WIth AI improvement in the later addons, I would think that at least that would have been included in a new release patch for 1.46.

Res is smooth for me. Let me ask you this:

What terrain detail are you running? If it's high, I suggest you lower it. That will make it smoother for sure.

res runs ok for me on a gf4 mx440 390 ram and 850 mhz, it gets choppy with about 4 squads on screen, or a multiplayer map made by sum guy with a 3ghz cpu where i get unplayable fps. Any way ive been sayin im gona upgrade to 2000xp fo a few months now in a few months i just might.