rileyrazor

Terrain Builder Crashes While Loading/Saving

Ive been working on a map in TB for the past four days, and I've had issues with duplicate template libraries. I fixed all of the duplicates and was no longer getting any errors, but still couldn't save without TB crashing. Now I can't even open the file. 

I've tried just about everything I can think of to resolve it, so if anyone else has any ideas I could try, please send them my way. 

Let me know if I can provide anything else that could help. I can attach the map file if needed, although I am using CUP - Core and EM_Buildings. 

Thanks, 

Riley

You sure you fixed all the dup files? The proper way is to import each .tml file from your old projects TemplateLibs folder, to a new project and save after each one until it crashes. Once you find the dup file, you go through each object in that file comparing it to the other already imported files.

imo if you don't have custom template files, its easier to just make fresh one's. Also check your projects TemplateLibs folder for left over files, that can mess with a project. Like i said, sometimes its easier to delete the folder and make total new one and not use downloaded files.

For TB not loading try deleting you project's Dialogs_new.vdat and also delete the TemplateLibs folder.

Then "if" it does load, it will complain about missing objects! Then follow these steps so you don't wipe the objects

You can update template library without exporting object layer.
Delete everything in TemplateLibs folder.
Load your project in TB.
Say "YES" to continue to load project, when error comes up about missing template.
But say "NO" when it says to continue loading layers. (Note: You have to press no for each object layer you have.)
Import new Template Libraries.
Then Save and reload project, an the object layers comes back with all objects intact.
Don't panic if it says error about missing templates, this is due to you changing names of the new libraries! The objects are still there, as long as they are in the new templates somewhere.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RoF said:

You sure you fixed all the dup files? The proper way is to import each .tml file from your old projects TemplateLibs folder, to a new project and save after each one until it crashes. Once you find the dup file, you go through each object in that file comparing it to the other already imported files.

imo if you don't have custom template files, its easier to just make fresh one's. Also check your projects TemplateLibs folder for left over files, that can mess with a project. Like i said, sometimes its easier to delete the folder and make total new one and not use downloaded files.

For TB not loading try deleting you project's Dialogs_new.vdat and also delete the TemplateLibs folder.

Then "if" it does load, it will complain about missing objects! Then follow these steps so you don't wipe the objects

You are a miracle worker! Thank you for your help.