I have seen a few places where people are looking for answers about why we can't build the wind turbine, even having all the required resources. I have not seen an answer to any of them yet.

I am having the same issue. Do you have to build the generator first?  If not, I think the game is broken.  I have 3x the amount of wire required to build the wind turbine and it is still grayed out.

They don't care, mate. I switched from Nintendo to Xbox and looks that both Electric generator and Wind turbine are not available. I have not reached yet Level 13, but I see already the grey for Electric generator is darker than other items. This was identical in Nintendo, resulting in the unavailability of the item. It's either they blocked the items for newcomers or a game bug. I think they just blocked it. Thank you Vigor! For your customer service as well, you are best! 

• Haha 1

Yeah, I guess the only way to get their attention is when people quit paying to play their game. I've already spent a few hundred for crowns in the month I have been playing, but screw them if they aren't even going to acknowledge people. I am already figuring out that this game is going to be lame after awhile.  I've already max-built my lodge, gathering resources seems pointless, especially if the game won't let you use them on things like the turbine and generator.  But even then, what is the whole point?  Same encounters over and over again, I can't do any more modifications to my lodge- can't even play the video game that is upstairs.  And what's the point of the Rubik's Cube?  The more I play this game, the more redundant and pointless it becomes.