Sign in to follow this  
Humvee

Chopper camo?

Ok here it goes!

I think it's stupid when you put like 3 choppers in the game that they all have the same camo.

Isn't it posible to make an addon with choppers with different camo and then somekind of "random generator" selects the kind of camo?

thx.

well the US tend to stick to the olive drab with all of the featured helos in game, but having said that the Cobra ingame is slightly lighter than the Apache and Blackhawk which im not sure if this is true to life or not

Yeah, US army prity much stick to olive drab. The only real exception is the 160th (I think).

The Marines and Navy use low visibility grey for their sea-borne aircraft. Not sure about land based helos.

Air Force CSAR choppers use various camo schemes as the theatre demanps, as seen in these examples from the BAS site.

Well, I can't speak for the "other" services, but in Army Rotary Wing Aviation it is generally found that the best camo is afforded by the hill you are hiding behind, as most weapon systems tend to operate in the nonvisual for targetting. smile.gif

<paint means squat to a HS or 'dar>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (pzvg @ Jan. 25 2003,19:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, I can't speak for the "other" services, but in Army Rotary Wing Aviation it is generally found that the best camo is afforded by the hill you are hiding behind, as most weapon systems tend to operate in the nonvisual for targetting. smile.gif

<paint means squat to a HS or 'dar><span id='postcolor'>

Well, you´d better not be wearing white for the other weapons systems!

I could wear pink, as long as I keep a large chunk of Terra Firma between us, you'll never see it tounge.gif

I'm not sure about this but I think they used a painting template (something to trace) to get the same camo texture on each helicopter... at least you would think this is true today because I would imagine the new helicopters being painted by robots.

Hmm,

I've seen the guys at DS/m called a lot of things, but never "robot" biggrin.gif