fancalenno

Fox. this is jay...

four questions:

1. I set the following WPs to a squad:

a.move

b.move

c.move

d.cycle

how should I make they stop doing those WPs and moving close to the enemy(or moving to other places) when the enemy attack them?

2. When I edited a mission... I make two squads,one is Fox and the other is Jay .

I do it like the following...

setgroupid["Fox","groupcolor1"] --> Fox

but setgroupid["Jay","groupcolor2"] --> not Jay

so... can someone tell me how to set squad "Jay"?

3. the bridge in island Nogova,

how do I make it break? use bombs? if so... where should I put it?

4. I use software texView to convert a .jpg image(128x64) to .paa image. but something's wrong! I can't convert ! what happend?

thanks

I only can answer you 1 question.

The bridge will break , Sure! but needs to take heavy damage. It breaks with FFAR rockets, Bombs, Mines (really fun when a enemy tank gets there) and any other means... (Y crashlanded my Ah-64 and finished in the water because the bridge got wasted).

For the other issue, try to create a radio activated trigger to displace your troops to a given waypoint.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (fancalenno @ Jan. 23 2003,12:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">3. the bridge in island Nogova,  

how do I make it break?  use bombs?  if so... where should I put it?<span id='postcolor'>

3 bombs for each section(pillar) of the bridge.

You don't need 3 bombs on each section of the bridge. 3 bombs on one section is enough to disable the bridge from being used.

Hell i should have made a screenshot, when we did it

with 20 bombs on each section and all blown up at the

same time. (*hint*) biggrin.gif

~S~ CD

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (fancalenno @ Jan. 23 2003,11:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">four questions:

1. I set the following WPs to a squad:

a.move

b.move

c.move

d.cycle

how should I make they stop doing those WPs and moving close to the enemy(or moving to other places) when the enemy attack them?<span id='postcolor'>

This one got answered for me recently by DV Chris Death and I put it in the ME&S FAQ out of gratitude (read it regularly). smile.gif

But basically, you set up your move and cycle WPs as normal, then set whatever WPs you need after that (Move, Get In, S/D, whatever). Then set up a "SWITCH" type trigger set off by whatever you need (Player seen, Enemy seen, etc). Then you synchronise the cycle WP and your Switch trigger together.

When the trigger is set off, the group will skip to the WP after the cycle one, no matter what they are doing at that time. You can also use this to skip to previous WPs, or even to set up a new series of cycles.

Very useful.