FredLowe

0x0000DEAD error at address 5DD1A799

I've recently had an error in which I get this exception error. It appears to only happen when I'm using the Arma 3 game launcher, however, the problem doesn't appear to occur when using the third party A3Launcher. I've done reinstalls, clean setups, tested individual mods. Game launches fine from stock launcher without mods, however with them, no luck. Only started happening about a week or so ago. I'm pretty much at a loss of what to do. I kinda need the stock launcher when trying to access a couple of my friends private servers. Any help would be appreciated.

Remove all of your mods, run arma to ensure that it still works.  Then add your mods back one by one until the issue occurs again.  The last mod you added, or the last mod you added in combination with some other mods, are causing your issue.

Read the error message it throws into your face before the game force-kills itself.

4 minutes ago, stanhope said:

Remove all of your mods, run arma to ensure that it still works.  Then add your mods back one by one until the issue occurs again.  The last mod you added, or the last mod you added in combination with some other mods, are causing your issue.

It works without mods from the Arma 3 launcher. And EVERY mod I load through the Arma 3 launcher kicks the same error out. However, using a third party launcher, specifically "A3Launcher", doesn't kick the same error, in fact it works. So, technically, one can say EVERY mod is giving me that error which means that it's doubtful it's an issue with the mods.

6 minutes ago, Dedmen said:

Read the error message it throws into your face before the game force-kills itself.

The error is:

Arma 3 has exited in an unusual manner
Exit code: 0x000DEAD. 

Searching for it doesn't yield info for my situation.

On 5/5/2020 at 5:00 PM, FredLowe said:

The error is:

No its not.

0xDEAD is the special error code that Arma uses to kill itself after a fatal error occurred. Fatal errors are a Error Message box that gets thrown into your face, where you have to click the "OK" button, once you click OK Arma will kill itself with 0xDEAD as it cannot recover from the error.

The text in that message box that you received and clicked away is also written in the log file just above the small part that you screenshotted and linked above.