Sign in to follow this  
David Shipley

Has anyone tried not fighting in ofp?

Well, what happened to me once:

1: "12 o'clock, T72, 200"

1: "4, engage T72!"

4: "UAZ is history!"

4: "Negative!"

Yes, 4 used his last LAW on the UAZ. You can guess that 4 did not kill that T72...

Deadmeat,

I don't know why, but I never experienced what happened to you. In fact, I'm absolutely sure that the AI will stay still if I tell them to stop, and go exactly where I tell them to. (Hint: don't give too many orders at once like a madman.)

Are you sure you downloaded the latest patches? Might fix some AI pathfinding issues there.

I still feel Operation Flashpoint is too much like Half-Life if you don't learn to use your men - at least from the infantry POV. I'm in for a change. :-)

Hi David Shipley

If your using 1.90 or latter.

Then you should have no problem playing Sainte Marie Hill. That is a company level battle and the latest version of the CE has been optimised so it is capable of being played on low spec machines and BIS have optimised the code on the OFP engine so it can deal with very large numbers of troops.

The original CE and Sainte Marie Hill was designed and tested on a 633mhz Duron 256mb memory and 64mb GForce 2MX. It was playable on this system. I and others have tested it on 13mhz machines with 256mb memory and not noticed any significant Lag. The major factor is if lots of units are moving and visable and this seems to be graphic card related not CPU or Main Memory. Turning down view distance solves it.

As to the CE test mission and BS01 an BS02 You should have no problem with them as they are platoon level engagements.

Give it a try before you decide it is free. wink.gif

Kind Regards walker

heh.. yes i am on version 1.91... and still experience these problems...

but i'm not going to argue it out with you any more, as i am going back to working on the MH-47E and the MH-60L...

a little tip: look who you are talking to before you belittle them on the froum... wink.gif

Walker: All right, you convinced me. ;-) I'll go download it today, and try it out after work.

Deadmeat: Hey, no hard feelings, man. I'm just here to talk about my experiences, and not argue about them.

I'm sure you do good work as a modder. Keep up the good work!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DeadMeatXM2 @ Jan. 23 2003,18:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">heh.. yes i am on version 1.91... and still experience these problems...

but i'm not going to argue it out with you any more, as i am going back to working on the MH-47E and the MH-60L...

a little tip: look who you are talking to before you belittle them on the froum...  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Hi DeadMeatXM2

Was not asking you about your version of OFP it as aimed at andrew.

As to your work as a modder I saw your sig and your group membership so I knew exactly who I was talking to.

My actions were deliberate and reasoned.

I intended to be controversial to provoke this debate.

DeadMeatXM2 I was not attacking you but the attitude of complacency in the community to the possibility of pushing the envelope in terms of what the OFP engine can do OFP is not some arcady FPS game it is far more serious than that and it is only by pushing the engine to its max that we can realy make it achieve all it is capable of.

I admit to being on a bit of a crusade to change the attitude of people in the community.

OFP is the best engine in the current crop of FPS engines.

It is so because of several reasons.

One the ability to make the vast number variety of types of addons aircraft, cars, tanks, boats, space ships, robots, weapons, objecst buildings, the list is endless far outstripping other game engines. Oh sure the tools are not the easiet to use but they are very flexable and they work.

Two the ability to make gigantic game spaces (islands)

Three the ability create your own missions easily without hassle.

Four the scripting Engine which is an excelent Rapid Application Development (RAD) tool for things that can be included in future versions of OFP

Five the support the game creators BIS give us in terms of updates and exposing more functions to scripting and to config.sqs

Six the community that supports it from Mod Makers like Balistic Addon Studios and Kegetys to the Avon lady and her FAQs from the OFPEC editors and Gurus to this forum from the Flashpoint CZ addons and news site to little johny with his one mission hosted on some free web space.

What these things add up to is an engine that can continue to develop and not be stuck in a backwater of eyecandy improvements.

The OFP engine can be used to create an amazing game that dwarfs the rest of the market and it is not CE3 or OFP2 or the latest helicopter but the concept that all these are possible and could with the model of the OFP community be used to create something truly revolutionary in computer games as revolutionary as Space Invaders was to the computer tennis era.

Kind Regards walker

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (walker @ Jan. 23 2003,03:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hi snoopy

If you were that bad an officer I am suprised the AI dont Frag you  biggrin.gif

Kind Regards Walker<span id='postcolor'>

bleh, I try to find a UAZ to run em over.

if that don't work, then........:

1: All goto 00 24

2: roger

3: roger

4: roger

2: ready

3: ready

4: where are you?

*throws grenade*

2: 1, cease fire!

3: 2, is down!

3: 1, cease fire!

4: where are you?

Ditto tounge.gif

usually ill leave the ai somewherer else if i cant be bothered commanding them when they( I ?) screw up so i usually put them somewhere or kill them for special equipment then go off on my own or even better steal some vehicles from nearby bases like i done on the scud mission biggrin.gif