zeedesertfox

Map boundary's, Parameters, and respawn kits.

Good day.

I'm trying to effectively recreate a zeus run Company of Heroes 2 match in Arma 3.

I've got the zeus side of things all organized quite well.

All I have to do is add a map boundary so that my players don't escape/leave the desired 'map' area, modify the parameters to add basing, and finally add kits so they don't have to fiddle with the arsenal.

My troubles are with these issues, specifically:

1. I'm not sure how to set the map boundary so that ideally, my players are either bumped back into the battlefield area having turned 180 degrees, or are teleported to a marker in base (with any vehicles they were in). I'll also accept a script killing of them, so that they can respawn at base. Ideally I'd like to see it so that the map is the marker lines in red (the ones that angle to the right), except for the battlefield area. In addition, I'd like it that if they were to approach the border, they'd see some physical indicator, perhaps similar to the zeus editing circle that's in some missions. Just some visual indicator to turn back.
    As it stands, I have a decent working setup using the zone restriction module, but it seems if I leave the battlefield and get teleported back, it won't work again unless I die and respawn. I'm also not sure how to reverse the trigger/inverse it so that I can mark all of the map in the red border lines except for the battlefield.
  2. As for the bases, I'm aware that many missions have parameters that are adjustable prior to the mission. Stuff for daytime/night time, volume of enemy resistance, etc. I'd like it so I could ideally set the enemy structures and the friendly structures, at markers on opposite ends of the map. I'm thinking I could have a copy of each base type (in this case, from Company of Heroes 2 and constituent to the mods that I'm using: OKW, Wehrmacht, Soviet and US), (These bases would be made by hand in Eden for reference) in a corner of the map away from player view, and teleport to the spawn the correct base type via the parameter feature in the lobby. I've not a blasted clue on how to do this, and any advice would be extremely appreciated!
  3. Finally, as my players take far too long in the arsenal, I'd like to have pre-made kits for them. I know how to save kits in the editor (I think at least) and so I'm just not sure how to set it up so that certain saved kit code can be converted into respawnable 'classes' for the players. (I know in other missions there are pre-created 'kits' to choose from when respawning). In an extremely ideal world, this would be tied with the base parameter as well, but only for friendly bases. I.E. A US base would thus only allow the players U.S. 'kits', the soviets likewise with their soviet kits and so on.

As for the general company of heroes 2 idea, I'll be zeusing as both sides, effectively 'simulating' an RTS game, with my players acting as a squad (likely one that's rogue).

I recognize this is an extremely big ask, but I'm still new with scripting and editing and appreciate any input.

If anyone has questions, I'll respond as quickly as possible to this.

Thank you for your time and stay safe in quarantine everyone.

-ZDF

On 5/2/2020 at 9:24 AM, zeedesertfox said:

I'm not sure how to set the map boundary so that ideally, my players are either bumped back into the battlefield area having turned 180 degrees, or are teleported to a marker in base (with any vehicles they were in). I'll also accept a script killing of them, so that they can respawn at base. Ideally I'd like to see it so that the map is the marker lines in red (the ones that angle to the right), except for the battlefield area. In addition, I'd like it that if they were to approach the border, they'd see some physical indicator, perhaps similar to the zeus editing circle that's in some missions. Just some visual indicator to turn back.

You could use the 'Cover Map' module to set the area of operation.

For the visual indication you could maybe add a trigger which will only activate once a side enters the range. Bringing up message such as "Return to the battlefield."

As for everything else. I'm not too sure about.

Right then, so I figured out how to do the respawn kits (Using ZEN's respawn kits module in zeus if anyone's interested, I just go to all, custom kits and then disable everything BUT the ones I need for that specific faction, and do pay attention to the faction setup at the top! I wish there was an eden mod for this)

However I need a better setup for the border wall that I have, and of most importance, I need a better setup for the parameters.
Ideally I'd like custom parameters where I could set what faction my players would play, and what faction the enemy would play, which would in  game simply move bases around to different areas, depending on the settings, and also set the re-spawn tickets accordingly. (If the players have it so it's blufor vs independent, there would be no need for opfor tickets, which via ticket bleed might end the game early.)