Sign in to follow this  
BBSmith

No names in multiplayer?

I just had a few Friends buy this game and What I did was Go back to the orginal Operation Flashpoint and I tried making a game and It said Time/Score to win.... But No names in the pool (Including)....Myself, How can I See my name?

Altho My friend can pic his side and player... I cant... I just see the mission name, This island, and the "Pool" Box which is empty, my name isnt in there... Nore my friends.  But He can only see his name in the Ready Room, not mine... I see him connect from the chat box but I cannt type to him. HELP!

Its my server that i just made and All I can do is hit "ok" and he can hit start.(IF that helps)

AND!! If My friend makes a game I cant see it, when I put the IP in.... But others can.

I have WIndows Xp

1.6 Ghz

10gb space left in the comp

256 ram...

I had a similar problem. When I upgraded directx to version 8.2 I didn't see my name in the pool anymore either. I found out that directx 8.2 didn't see games on ports below 2300 or above 2400. I changed the port number to 2300 in the game and i showed back up in the pool. By default the port number is set to 2232 in Operation flashpoint. Just change the port to 2300 and make sure everyone you play with has the same port number. I hope this helps you.