Sign in to follow this  
BBSmith

Winzip? computer files?

Ok, i downloaded an Ultimate addon pack witch was 400 addons (391 mb) and all the addons turned out to be in indivual Zip files! Now Do i have to unzip them all 1 by 1 by 1?? Or can I unzip them all to a disignated folder?

Also, when In your server I hear Terms I really dont hear much online since I dont go into chat rooms except for Ofp's.

What is

STR

CSV

DNS

POS

ISA

ISP- (I think this is Internet service Provider, Aol, Msn-Internet Exploror 5.5-6.0)

sounds like you have to unzip them 1 by 1. one way you can do is open up the Explorer(not the Internet Explorer, but the file managing one from Windows) and right click on each one of them and choose 'extract to ...' option. that will create new folder and extract it.

also your downloaded addons seems like one of those unofficial ones arranged by users.

moving to troubleshooting.

There probably is no need to unzip everything manually.

You said you have WinZip -- what I would do is download the WinZip Command Line Addon from here, and then execute the following command from a command prompt in the folder where the ZIP files are located:

for %1 in (*.zip) do wzunzip %1

This will call the UNZIP addon for each of the ZIP files in the current directory, and extract the contents.

Another tool to use with zipped files is Winrar. I find it invaluable for unzipping multiple zips at once.

Guest BratZ

You said you have winzip installed? Unzip the bigfile.Then while all the zipfiles are sitting in a  directory,without running winzip,select all of them and right click  and pick extract here.

I wouldn't recommend putting all those addons in your game,who knows how many are buggy

DNS -Dynamic Numbering System I think,but basically your IP address

POS - Piece Of Sh*t or Point Of Sale

ISA- Old pc card type for 16bit computers, then came vlb, pci and now agp and some others in there (mca etc..)

Warning! Not many motherboards have ISA slots anymore