Sign in to follow this  
lukemax

Police car from big city pics!

Realy nice ( and i know he was not lying because he sended me the Floating city and its real nice only you need alot of addons for it if you dont mind can i edit it and delthet al those addons? so evry 1 can play with it ) But the Fire_Truck whas that addon to from you and is your name JMG and what means it because the cop car gots JMG/police and the firetruck is JMGFireTruck :S its very nice now we have finaly some addons to secure the town;) Robers look out here comes WaffenDennis with the Cruiser wheew wheew;) and now we need to see a Ambulance so the Colection is compleet wink.gif

I don't think we owe him an apology. He said the skycity was finished when it actually wasen't. And you need too many addons to download it. The sky city is a really amateur addon.

The policecar looks ok though, probably someone elses model.

Though I didn't take part in the mocking, after reading the thread I feel ashamed on behalf of the whole OFP community for treating fellow members like that. I think at least someone should apologize wink.gif

Srry luke i wash talking wrong i dident saw that you dont claim the model your self because i was thinking that you where saying that you made the model Srry and i saw your Skycity on the Site for evry 1 that not believ him here is the D/l Link : Download Link for the SkyCity and the model is nice like i was saying before. tnx to post this here i like it. onche again Srry

( I edited this post because it was wrong )

the police car (like his firetruck) is form GTA and he admits that. . .and i dont mind it at all. .cuz he is one of the few ppl that actualy admits to NOT making thier own model. . .like most of these other creators do

I know and as i where saying for the third time wink.gif Srry Lukemax ( if edited my Post as you can see ) and the model is nice but his model dont looks to be imported from GTA3 it looks like more better wink.gif because in GTA3 the steeringwheels are looking ugly and there is no detail in the car wink.gif AND AGAIN NICE WORK THE 1 WHO MADE THIS

Hey luke do i install in res addon folder? Plz like give us links to those addons!

The police car and fire truck arent mine i dont want to give the wrong impressian i was beta testing it i only do missons and i make models!

Luke

so........ confused.gif Im confused.

You DIDN'T make that police car..... so I have no proof that u r a talented addon maker.......... so I can still mock you?

The cop is already in the PBO just put the PBO in your Res/Addons folder and voila you got a nice police car and to proof Luke was the beta tester and not the Makker READ THE READ ME FILE I SAY AGAIN: READ THE README FILE THAT IS IN THE RAR FILE!!!!!!!!!!1

Alright everyone,

I'm Scanger from JMG Addons.

Thanks for the comments on the Copcar and Firetruck.

I just wanna clear up a few things:

JMG as in JMG Firetruck etc stand for John McGarry(My Real Name)-I would've used JMCG but 3 letters is the usual.

- JMG Firetruck is a replica(i.e. i completely made the model myself from scratch copying the GTA3 model, don't believe me then look at mine then the GTA3 one, mine is a bit too tall)

I made this because I didn't know how to import and convert GTA3 models at the time, I DO now and have the ACTUAL firetruck from GTA3 under development(working ladders, firefighter and hose).

- The Police cruiser was originally sent to me by Pascal (from France) who found it on a site, i got onto the author Adam Robinson and asked for permission to convert it for flashpoint.

The cop car interior had to be completely remodelled by myself and lots of holes etc patched up inside so it was suitable for the pilot view in OFP. The exterior textures were very low res so just last night before release I replaced them with clearer ones. All sirens I found around the internet.

- I do have the GTA3 police car, ambulance and SWAT van too but these won't be out for a good while as I'm focusing on the Firetruck now.

- Luke from Starship Troopers Mod was beta testing the cop car that's why it was in the screenshots from the big city!

I don't mind a few beta testers, they're good to guage reaction.

One final point, mocking people gets us nowhere, people make addons for a game because they think they are a good idea, some people obviously aren't going to like em and others will, there's nothing worse than spending days or weeks developing a mission or model and releasing it to a sea of mockery, people will stop making addons if this continues and we don't want that.

I wanna thank everyone for all their praise on all of my addons, and would like to know why 5 Germans who slagged off my Firetruck on a forum behind my back never replied when I tore them a new one ,  mad.gif ahh well

I respect everyone who is making addons of any sort, they believe in them, and we do too, keep up the good work!!

I think that just about covers everything and more wink.gif

Later,

Scanger wink.gif

Cool.

I've been getting back into GTA3 lately, and wondered why anyone hasnt made some hotted up cars like the Diablo Stallion with a blower out the hood, or a '43 Ford Coupe like the ZZ Top Eliminator.

Hey Scanger, I was just wondering if you wanted to join our mod, since it seems you are making stuff we need to make for our mod. wink.gif

And BTW, your police car is really cool, maybe you should try incorporating the alarm noise (forgot what u call it) into the engine sound, since the AI don't use the horn at all.

Hi USMC Sniper,

Thanks for the very kind offer, but I think I'll go it alone FOR NOW, as I wouldn't want to be under any pressure to finish addons for a deadline, I like to take time and get things as good as possible, that said, however, you are allowed use any of my addons which I release for your mod if they are what you need wink.gif

I tried incorporating the siren sound into the engine but as the car speeds up, so does the pitch of the sound and u end up with something that sounds nothing like a siren. If anyone knows how to make a siren heard outside a vehicle when activated by someone else, please let me know

@ the moment I use

class CfgWeapons

{

class Default {};

class CarHorn: Default {};

class SportCarHorn: CarHorn {};

class Sirena: SportCarHorn

{

scope=public

displayName="Siren A";

drySound[]={"\jmgcops\sound\sirena.ogg",10.000000,1};

};

Scanger crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scanger @ Jan. 21 2003,03:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hi USMC Sniper,

Thanks for the very kind offer, but I think I'll go it alone FOR NOW, as I wouldn't want to be under any pressure to finish addons for a deadline, I like to take time and get things as good as possible, that said, however, you are allowed use any of my addons which I release for your mod if they are what you need wink.gif

I tried incorporating the siren sound into the engine but as the car speeds up, so does the pitch of the sound and u end up with something that sounds nothing like a siren. If anyone knows how to make a siren heard outside a vehicle when activated by someone else, please let me know

@ the moment I use

class CfgWeapons

{

class Default {};

class CarHorn: Default {};

class SportCarHorn: CarHorn {};

class Sirena: SportCarHorn

{

scope=public

displayName="Siren A";

drySound[]={"\jmgcops\sound\sirena.ogg",10.000000,1};

};

Scanger crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well since we are very early in producation (around 10 guns done, some monir details about the plot, and ideas) you would probably have tons of time to get things right.

Now, as for the sirens, here's my proposal:

Make a script that activates the sirens when an enemy is visible to the people inside the car. Or you can make it within the pbo, and make it sort of like the missile warning in some of the newer jets made for OFP.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Jan. 21 2003,04:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Now, as for the sirens, here's my proposal:

Make a script that activates the sirens when an enemy is visible to the people inside the car. Or you can make it within the pbo, and make it sort of like the missile warning in some of the newer jets made for OFP.<span id='postcolor'>

That's a good idea about the scripts, I'll give it a try and see what happens.

Thanks

Scanger crazy.gif

The police car is sweet, but is screws up my ofp, so I can't use it, NOOO!!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wilco @ Jan. 21 2003,21:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The police car is sweet, but is screws up my ofp, so I can't use it, NOOO!!!<span id='postcolor'>

Hey Wilco,

In what way does the addon screw OFP up, maybe it's a .cpp file error, has anyone else had problems with the addon not working, what version of ofp do you have, it's designed for 1.75+

Later,

Scanger

P.S. Good job on the http://opflashpoint.org/ forum, sorting out the punks, I didn't even need to cut in and throw some digs crazy.gif

Ya it could be it, but im pretty sure it isnt, i mean i've delt with those with my uk c130 i made, but this is really crazy, my ofp crashes, my desktop goes funky, and i also get the good ol o.pb file thing.  And I think that's from my 908 meg addon folder  biggrin.gif

And who sorted out the punks???